“What an authentic place”

Old Town Malaysian and Sushi Takeaway
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise and remined us of my visit to Kuala Lumpar. They are very attentive have wonderful food and at a great price

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was really happy to finally find a sushi place that delivered! Was sceptical about what the quality would be, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. Very tasty, provided soy and chop sticks too. Definitely restaurant quality, and well worth the money. Will be ordering there again for sure and will be recommending to others! My favs were definitely California maki, and dragon roll!

1  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm not one for the raw fish sushi so I was spleased when I found this place whilst visiting my friend who lives in Southampton.
First of all, they DELIVER! Perfect for a girls night in! Second of all, they sell cooked meat sushi ranging from chicken to pork to duck.
I went for the Duck rolls and the Chicken and Advocado rolls alongside other basic dishes. Delicious!
The duck was beautifully crispy wrapped in seaweed, sticky rice and coated in sesame seeds. It also came with a type of plum sauce. The chicken was also very nice, this time, wrapped in rice and advocado with a wasabi paste.
My friend loves the normal raw fish sushi and went overboard on her order. Prawn, salmon, squid, red pepper. You name it, she had it. She's very well travelled and has visited numerous places in Asia and even she was very impressed.
The menu is huge and the range of dishes is impressive. Pricing is great too.
We spent £52 between us but altogether we ordered around 9 dishes.
Presentation is also a plus, eveything came nicely boxed up with, of course, ginger, soy and chopsticks.

We have ordered twice from here since and I have to say, the food is consistent, and my friend orders atleast twice a week. It's a shame they dont have a restaurant similar where I live.

Definitely worth a try!

Just a little bit more information, you can order the sushi online which is always convenient, the restaurant then calls you to check your order and are quite happy to answer any questions. Really friendly and took around 40 minutes to be delivered.

1  Thank Sn26
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Their sushi is ok - although not great. A lot of it is covered in some mayonnaise sauce which I do not associated with authentic sushi. However their customer service is TERRIBLE. I have on several occasions been shouted at on the phone for making requests (such as "I would like the order for 7.30 however, please don't deliver before this time as I won't be home" and then being subjected to something that cannot be described as anything else than a serious telling of when calling to enquire where the order is at 8.30), or for challenging being charged a double delivery charge. Zen do sushi too which is far better quality and the take away prices are just as reasonable as here.

All and all an ok sushi experience, shame that the persons who work there are so rude.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was recommended Old Town via a friend and wasn't disappointed. The place is frequently full of Japanese students and visitors which in itself is always a good review. Although, more of a take away than a restaurant, Old Town does have a small dining area upstairs, but it may not be your cup of tea if you're not a fan of eating at plastic tables while sitting on plastic chairs, but it does the job!
As I'm allergic to shellfish, trying to find sushi that doesn't contain any shellfish is normally quite difficult, but there is no problems here. Old Town have a huge selection of freshly prepared (for your order) sushi, offering vegetarian, raw fish and cooked meat selection. Their cooked duck maki rolls are delicious, as are their rainbow rolls - though they frequently run out of tuna so you have to be quick!
Oh and the Satay chicken....well I don't think I need to add anything more than how I've summed it up. Quite simply amazing! If you've never been to Old Town before, make sure to visit it, you won't be disappointed.