“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant before a show in Southampton. We were greeted warmly and Rohale (not sure about the spelling!) was the perfect hostess and waitress.
We loved the food and the service and shall certainly return.
Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Yalda

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were staying in Portsmouth but as my husband is Persian we found the nearest place for Iranian food was in Southampton. The restaurant is in a back street with a tiny window to the road. On arrival we were given a warm welcome by the waitress and Iranian owner. It was Sunday night and they had a special 12 pound menu which included a cold and a hot starter, and a choice of 2 main courses. Everything we had was was nothing less than delicious and beautifully presented. We also had great service and didn't wait long for anything, nothing was too much trouble. Great value for money, lovely people, nice atmosphere and delicious food, what more can you ask for???? Try the meatballs starter and mahksous kebab mmmm.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a find this place was, I cannot take the credit though, my sister found it, having been disappointed by other restaurants close to the Mayflower Theatre. We we late arriving, shopping was to good, there were only 2 other people eating but it was only just after 6. The waitress seated us and brought over the menus taking order for our drinks (no alcohol available) we chose 2 starters, stuffed vine leaves and humus this came with a wonderful flat bread. As we are both members of slimming world we knew that our syns for the day were already stretched! The vine leaves were gorgeous and the humus was so obviously fresh. The bread was also delicious. We both had the lamb fillet with saffron rice, a lovely cooked tomato and a small salad. On the table was a pot of spices which we were told to sprinkle on our lamb the flavour was delightful. A portion of butter we were told should be put on the top of the rice which was white rice with a small amount of saffron on the top. Being good Slimming World members we abstained from the butter!!! The rice was beautifully cooked and I would have been happy to eat just the rice. Really fluffy and light. We did have to rush our meal slightly but that was our fault for not getting there at our prebooked time. The service was excellent and very friendly and this will be high on my list of places to eat in Southampton.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

service was impeccable, but the main courses [salmon & grilled baby chicken] were very bland. it had all been cooked and presented well, but had very little flavour. the starters [dolma & meatballs] were more tasty. the bread and the rice were excellent. overall, a pleasant but unmemorable experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My daughter and husband found this place when going to a show at the Mayflower. It is just around the corner. We love Mediterraenean & Middle Eastern food so we all went for lunch the weekend of my husbands birthday. The welcome is warm and friendly, the ambiance is chilling and just very nice. They have a Sunday buffet that many families and couples enjoyed. They were of the local I community of the Iranian owners I assumed. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. We opted from the menu on the advice of my daughter and son in law & had the traditional mince kebab and lamb kebab. The meat was lovely, tasty, of quality and very very tender. The breads lovely and the home made butter bean starter and Hummus lovely. All in all, would go back again many time, lovely service - all good