The Mayfair Guest House
$100
$88
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$75
$70
Hotels.com
$56
  • Restaurant
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$69
$56
$77
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bmark andyperfect hostsguest loungequiet streetplace to stayfull english breakfastvisiting southamptonon arrivalbreakfast was deliciouswonderful staymayflower theatretrain stationcity centrea short taxi ridebed and breakfaststayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Mayfair Guest House when visiting Southampton for the 91st birthday of my cousin. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Mark is wonderful host; his friendliness is in no way affected and he has the "X factor" in service quality. His genuinely warm welcome and assistance with our luggage on our arrival; topped off with a delightful cup of tea and a chat was the start of a great two day stay and we couldn't have asked for more. I was travelling with a friend; we had separate rooms and I speak for both of us when I say we were more than delighted with our rooms. They lacked nothing and the furnishings/decor made for a very homely environment. To be honest the entire property is homely and for me it was like staying in the home of a friend and not a B&B. The breakfast menu gave one a varied choice, was cooked to order and Mark does the perfect "sunny side up" egg. I know, I'm a fuss-pot on this count! The guest house is conveniently situated and Mark was very helpful with information on things to do, sites to see and restaurants to patronize. I will definitely stay there when I am next in Southampton and would not hesitate to recommend the The Mayfair to anyone going to Southampton. Many thanks Mark. Bruce

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BruceBonny
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Expecting British hospitality and was not disappointed at all. Everything was spotless and the breakfasts everyday were wonderful. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly which makes your stay all the more enjoyable. The push button showers were unique and not expected in a traditional English B & B. We arrived early in the morning and were met by Julia the houskeeper with a wonderful cup of coffee or tea which was very relaxing after our long flight. Even though we were early, our room was ready to our amazement. Centrally located to the town center, a 15 minute walk and only a 10 minute walk to the train station. I would stay again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Loved the "en suite" bathroom!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Welcomed with a cup of tea, room and bathroom spotless, wi-fi for work and a great breakfast from 7am onwards; perfect for an early start. In Southampton for work and will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my son who's at uni in southampton. It was a perfect choice. A warm welcome awaited me from Mark and my bedroom was lovely and very well equipped. It is only about a 15 minute walk into the city centre and 10 minutes to the train station. Although the b&b was full, when I was in my room it was incredibly quiet. The breakfast menu was varied and cooked to order. Mark even cooked for my sons who came to join me. I will definitely be staying again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband, my son & I recently stayed at the Mayfair for one night whilst visiting our other son who is studying at a Maritime College near by. Upon our arrival we were made to feel very welcome, and that cup of tea was much appreciated ,THANK YOU !!!, in addition Mark was very informative regarding places to visit and eat within Southampton, we also found him to be very approachable and easy to talk to. We stayed in room 8, a family room with en-suite, this room was very spacious, lovely decor, well equipped and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice & the sausages were yummy!!! ,this was served in a pleasant dining room. we only used the communal lounge on our arrival, but this is also a very pleasant room, retaining many of the house's original features. We had a great stay in this lovely guest house, which is within easy reach of the theatre ,restaurants and walking distance to Southampton city centre. If we are visiting Southampton we will defiantly stay here again, and we will certainly recommend the Mayfair to family and friends if they are looking for somewhere to stay whilst visiting Southampton. Thanks once again for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family