“Never fails to impress”

Ranked #23 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of the area's most friendly, and welcoming Italian restaurants, Piccolo Mondo 1 is the oldest in the city, having been established since 1969.Piccolo Mondo is open for lunch and evening meals. With seating for only 34 people, it is small enough to have an intimate atmosphere, but also welcomes families.There is a good choice of value for money meals including authentic pizzas and pastas, together with a selection of fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, and not forgetting their home-made bread and desserts. Smaller sized meals are available for children. Parties of up to 25 people can be catered for
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant, despite being possibly the smallest one I've ever visited.
The service is second to none, always friendly and helpful, They always make you feel welcome.

This is one of the few places that have perfected the art of serving customers, That difficult line between leaving you too long and constantly hurrying you to order or checking if you are ready for the next course.

So, impressive service, what's the food like? I'll tell you. It's fantastic. there job done. What? you want more detail? OK. It's very well presented and in good quantities too. They don't hide their portion sized by using the smallest plate possible. i sometime feel the chef is trying to test just how much I can eat. he'll never beat me though.

So, we've been served, we've eaten, now to the bill. This is another area you will be impressed with. firstly the bill isn't rushed out to you the moment you've put the last morsel of food in your mouth. They don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to get you out and another customer in.
This is affordable luxury, everyone (who likes Italian food) should go here if they get the chance.

Go and enjoy the food here, but not when I want a table.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Piccolo Mondo, but it will not be my last! Fantastic food, friendly service and brilliant value for money. Best Italian by far in Southampton!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a meal for two here on the back of the recommendations on Tripadvisor. Food and service were great and the place has a true Italian feel to it. Portions were good and the chef was upset when my wife did not eat all her main meal but it was just portion size. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I will start by saying that if the location of the restaurant was in the center of London, I would happily pay 5x the price for what I had. Everything is top notch (bread sticks before the food, really comforting staff, Italian atmosphere and very good food of course). This restaurant is classified at the moment of writing this review as the best Italian restaurant in Southampton, and I completely agree. The only 'downside' of this place is the location - it is hidden behind a corner on a street off the main city center. Although, if this fact keeps the place as good quality as it is and really good price, I hope it is never found by someone else!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am reluctant to write a review for this restaurant as when people discover how good it is then it might not be so easy to get a table next time i go there
The food is superb, how the chef knocks up those delicious pizzas pasta etc etc in such a small space is beyond me...the salad is the best i have ever eaten and i am not a great salad fan... the garlic bread is divine and oozing with oil and garlic scrumtious..... the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble 10/10 for all the above
The ONLY downside is the loo is down a rather steep set of stairs so this would NOT be suitable to anyone who has trouble with stairs