“Great steak, shame about the service”
Review of Rancho

Rancho
Ranked #187 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been here 3 times now and each time the service has been so slow. You are sat with a menu, and then about 20 minutes later they come over in a rushed manner wanting to take your drinks and food order. We always feel like an inconvenience, but our soft spot for steak always brings us back! Food is plonked on the table and you have to catch another waiters attention to get sauces. Also, each time I have wanted a jacket potato with sour cream but they never have any sour cream, very annoying.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived un booked, staff found us a seat!!! Food arrived perfectly cooked! With all the trimmings. I fully reccomend this steakhouse, and the others. The food is fantastic.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Im very unhappy about this venue after all the things I have heard about it

I called up on all you can eat ribs night which is a great offer and after watching man vs food i was craving them when i called up i explained i was a coeliac and the young lady on the phones confirmed the ribs and sauces were gluten free so i was a happy man.

On arrival the door hostess sat us down and said to me your gluten free correct this i was impressed with. The waitress knew we wanted the ribs she did mention the chips were friend in oil where other things that contain gluten are fried this is where it all goes wrong very wrong...

I had a side of coleslaw with my ribs and some bbq sauce to cover the ribs however after eating half a rack and some of the slaw i noticed the side salad that was under the ribs had dressing on it so i questioned the waitress if it was gluten free she came back and said no!!! This was unacceptable but the waitress did go and get me a fresh rack and fresh salad with no dressing at this point i started eating again but thought i better double check the slaw as it tasted brought in and not freshly made she again went over to the chef who looked to go into shock...she came over and said the slaw and bbq sauce had gluten in them and i should of mentioned i was gluten free??? I was far from happy as they knew i was gluten free.

At this point all i wanted to do was leave my night had be ruined the manger did comp the food but this was pointless as i had already eaten the gluten so we paid for our drinks and left.

I had to take two days off work unpaid after this meal due to being ill form eating gluten so I am in no hurry to go back my company even had a party here recently and i didn't go as not willing to risk it which is a shame as i eat out most days of the week.

i do not like doing bad review however this one needed to be added if you have dietary requirements you have to triple check everything maybe put a sign around your neck.

1  Thank jamesp19822015
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've eaten at Rancho on many occasions. The food is always great - plenty of choice and cooked exactly as requested. The restaurant is spacious so you don't feel packed in and it has a good atmosphere - perfect for a meal with friends. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked a table for 5 of us on a Friday night. Was very busy, waitress didn't show us to the table, just sent us to the back of the restaurant to seat ourselves. Waited half an hour for drinks and 45mins for the bill to arrive. Food was absolutely amazing, the chefs are brilliant. Starters are huge and can easily be shared. Steak was cooked exactly to order and tasted amazing.
Service was awful all the way through, told to take plates off the tray ourselves, no smiles or any cheery conversation. They took ages to serve anyone, preferring to clean cutlery and fold table cloths rather than dealing with customers. Expect amazing food bu served by a miserable face.