“Lovely accommodation, friendly staff, excellent value”

and 1 more site!
Alcantara Guest House
Ranked #7 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“Lovely accommodation, friendly staff, excellent value”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed at Alcantara on the 'weekend special' of £100 for two nights which was superb value. We were greeted on arrival and shown to our spacious, spotlessly clean and well equipped en suite room. The guest house was quiet and relaxed and the breakfast each morning was cooked to order and was delicious! If I'm in the Southampton area again I will be returning here!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bananachops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Berkshire
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I recently had to stay in Southampton for two nights whilst on business. I did the normal thing surfed the net taking my budget into account and plumped for Alcantara Guest House hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed.

I had no need to worry as Alcantara turned out to be a real gem from the moment I arrived. I was warmly greeted by one of the owners and shown to my comfortable ensuite room. Everything was well explained to me and I felt immediately relaxed. The following morning I was delighted by the wide choice of breakfast dishes including fresh fruit salad, and poached haddock topped with an egg . I was totally spoilt for choice. I stuck however with "the full english" and therefore can highly recommend the sausages and black pudding!

Aj the owner explained how best for me to get to my business destination and also recommended places for me to eat locally that night.

If looking to stay near the centre of Southampton I would highly recommend staying at this guest house.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia100Berkshire
Bucks
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at the Alcantara a few times over a period of several months and A.J, the owner, was always extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms are large and comfortable and were always spotlessly clean. Although not a big breakfast fan, I found myself enjoying the real coffee and fresh fruit that was always available & the cooked breakfasts that other guests had looked good too. The Alcantara is in a central position with lots of parking, not far from restaurants & shops or from the motorways & so is easy to get to. There is also free wifi. I would wholeheartedly recommend this B&B to anyone who needs to stay in Southampton. S. Robb

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business