“A hidden gem.”

Mango Thai Tapas, Portswood
Ranked #58 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Opening in 2007, Mango is the original Thai Tapas Bar – setting a trend across the nation! It's a favourite among locals for its intimate charm and vibrant atmosphere. Offering an informal and fun dining experience, guests are encouraged to enjoy the menu as they would in Thailand – lots of dishes to share and taste together. Everything on the menu is made in-house and is freshly prepared by the expert team of Thai chefs. Much of the menu is cooked to order, so veggies, vegans, and gluten-free diets are well accommodated for. On two floors of a characterful Victorian building, you’ll find the spirit of northern Thailand’s capital Chiang Mai at this Mango: Bohemium and quirky, offering a relaxed and intimate dining experience with candle-lit themed rooms, exotic Asian furnishings, and vast glossy murals.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great food, cocktails are great if not a little pricey but it's a really nice little place.

The tapas menu is great value and it's a perfect meal for couples or friends alike.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

everything was cooked very very well, we just ordered the whole tapas menu, what a feast, the food kept on coming and every dish was as delightful as the previous!!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went here in September for an evening meal, with my mum and dad after moving into my new house. The service was excellent and the waitress was extremely helpful recommending a few of her favourite dishes.

The Tapas arrived within 10 minutes of ordering and was all delicious! I particularly liked the crispy squid and chicken satay. For mains I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and it did not disappoint!

Overall we had a great time in this restaurant and since our trip in September I have been several times with friends, who have all enjoyed themselves!

If you are around Portswood and fancy some tasty food and a yummy cocktail (I had several Mango Martinis) I would definitely give Mango a go!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The food was very tasty and the cocktails were brilliant , I know we went "off piste" with some that were not on the menu but we were pleasantly surprised when they arrived.
I will be coming again hopefully to try more of your delicious Thai food - that's if the cocktails don't get in the way.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Mango restaurant in Portswood is an amazing place for partying with a groups of friends. We were sat immediately by the very friendly waitress who was always smiling and helpful. Although it was a busy Friday night, the service was a top quality and the whole evening was flawless! Cocktails were all delicious ( we started with Mango Martinis and Phucket Coolers - definitely try those!) and without noticing time passing, our tapas dishes were on the table! I especially enjoyed crispy squid and thai classic - chicken Satay. We were always aware that the waitresses were around and ready to serve which was really surprising for such a busy night. When mains came, we were positively surprised with the portion sizes - you will not leave the restaurant hungry. As a huge fan of Thai cuisine I can confidentially can say it was the best Panang curry I have ever tried! Whenever we had empty glasses and needed anything staff was always there for us. At the end we got offered complimentary drink for the birthday person.

Overall, the night was and you s greathould definitely try this place!