“decent restaurant”
Review of La lupa

La lupa
Reserve with OpenTable
La lupa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lupa, a vibrant Italian restaurant and bar with chic yet informal surroundings situated in its popular Southampton High Street location. Our broad menu offers something irresistible for everyone, serving a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes prepared in an open kitchen complete with pizza ovens. Open for lunch and from early evening to late at night, the intimate and bustling bar area creates a true continental feel with a delicious array of tapas to enjoy with your favourite drink. In keeping with the classic Italian tradition, Lupa is also perfect for family parties and celebra
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good service....decent choice...and quite tasty food. It was overall a good value meal with a decent bottle of wine .We spent £55/- inc tip for 2 on their special offer of early evening meal.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My partner and I visited here on a Friday lunch time. The menu was perfect for us with exactly what we love. For starters I had deep fried Brie (which in most restaurants is £6) and my partner had garlic bread with cheese (which was a full size large pizza). For main we both had lasagne. In terms of meat content, tasty sauce, quality pasta and cheese we were very happy customers - and for just £10 each for two course! We would have had three courses but we were too full - choices included white chocolate cheese cake, ice cream etc yum! Sadly we are from South Wales so we aren't able to return as soon as we'd like. Not only was the food perfect, so was the cleanliness, the decor, the presentation and the wonderful staff! It goes without saying that we would highly recommend this place!!!

1  Thank SarahM90
Reviewed July 19, 2013

service not good kept bringing the wrong meals and no apologies. Meal only average, sorry but wouldn't go there again. I know there are lots of good reviews but we were not impressed.

3  Thank tinlid
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I called in on my way to my hotel one evening. I was seated promptly and my drinks order taken swiftly whilst being left with a menu to peruse. My drinks arrived in good time and the waiter took my order.

The menu choice was good with all tastes catered for including a daily specials board.

The surroundings were modern and clean and the toilets were well maintained, clean with nice soap and hand cream (its the small touches).

I chose the Spag Bol (always a benchmark for a good Italian) and when it arrived it was lovely. A slow cooked and tasty Ragu together with perfectly cooked pasta, the portion was generous without being overfacing and I enjoyed it very much.

All in all a lovely little not too expensive Italian restaurant, nothing too fancy just nice food and a lovely atmosphere with attentive waiter service.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a work colleague - and he was right to do so! I had the fixed price menu, which was great value and had lots of choice (mostly fish).
My main course was swordfish in a tomato salsa with small roast potatoes and courgettes - a good amount too. Although there were several interesting starters (including mussels and crab linguine) I opted for the spaghetti and meatballs which was also a decent portion.
The menu was on a blackboard brought to my table, which I thought was a nice touch.
I also had the house red wine (Sangiovese, I think) which was great, too.
Although I was too full for a dessert, a large espresso and a grappa were a nice way to complete the meal.
The waiting staff were excellent, particulaly a very pleasant and attractive young lady who had just dealt very professionally with three rather loud customers who were disturbing the other diners.
All in all this was a lovely meal in a nice restaurant, and I recommend it highly. I'll certainly be back next time I'm in Southampton.

1  Thank Simon H