“Overmight stay- handy for Cruise Terminal”

Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester
“Overmight stay- handy for Cruise Terminal”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a chauffeur and I stayed at this hotel on 14th Dec 2012 as I was collecting people from the cruise terminal the next morning. I drove up from Manchester and didn't arrive till 2am, but staff were at reception and very polite. Room was clean and had everything I needed apart from tea/coffee making facilities, but as I already knew this, I took my own travel kettle etc.
Car park cost £5 for overnight stay and was secure. MacDonalds next door and snack bar at this hotel but across car park there is a restaurant. Hotel very convenient for cruise terminal.
Would defintely book again as price is good, and I only needed room to get a few hours sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ibisbudget-Manager, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Southampton Centre, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget Southampton in the very near future.

Kind regards

General Manager | Ibis budget Southampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Thai first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Obviously can't expect much from a budget hotel. Although when asking for an extra pillow for me and partner I'd expect to get one not be told the hotels full so we don't have any! Not very impressed. Room is small and you need is here, except a hair dryer or any tea and coffee facilities!! I know £39 is cheap but I expected more. Not impressed. Think ill pay extra for the standard ibis next time!!!

• Stayed December 2012
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Whenever we come down to Soton to visit family we stay here. It is good value for money, close to the railway station and bus stops and only a few minutes from the town centre. Whilst it can be noisy due to its location the recent changes have enhanced the comfort of the beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,