“No comparison to London Pizza Express restaurants”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #244 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

In comparison to London Pizza Express restaurants that I have got used to, this is not good.

Pizzas are much smaller in comparison and the service is poor to say the least.

Food is fine but you can make yourself a far nicer pizza or order a Dominos for the same price.

Also utilises a very lazy reservations service which is done automatically on the phone and then by text. Efficient at least.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have visited this restaurant several times and the food has always been good. This time there were additional new dishes on the menu which were a nice change.

However, sometimes the staff lets the restaurant down for example, not taking drinks orders, squashing people on to table which were set for less people, missing cutlery etc.

However, overall this is a good pizza restaurant for a casual family meal.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I visited this restaurant once and my opinion is that the pizza is tasty, but prices are a bit high, maybe because of the location. I ordered a thin pizza that came with very little toppings. I would prefer it with more cheese maybe, so for me is just medium.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went here or someones birthday meal - this is my second visit to this branch of Pizza Express, I thought I would give it another chance as I love P.E. food but again, let down by utterly poor customer service.

The male waiter was extremely rude and sarcastic throughout our meal, putting in snide comments where ever he could. I really don't appreciate that and had it not been someones birthday, I would have walked out after getting our drinks. Apparently it's not acceptable for people to order tap water. He obviously thought he was really funny but we found his comments extremely rude. No point telling the female manager as she was equally as rude.

The food was fine, portions okay but his comments just made us all feel really awkward. Oh and chasing him for the bill was a nightmare, he seemed genuinely annoyed that all of us didn't order a dessert! I don't mind friendly 'banter' but staff with such a bad attitude - no thanks.

This restaurant is in a good location and has a nice layout, so has the potential to be a lovely place, but they really need to train their staff properly in basic manners and customer service skills. Maybe employ staff that are polite and friendly as other reviewers said and who don't have a chip on their shoulder!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited at 5.30pm on a Saturday, we were not acknowledged for quite some time upon entering the restaurant. Found the female staff extremely rude and poor attitude. When finally greeted, the first thing that was said to us was an abrupt 'have you already asked for a table'. We're told no tables for 2 available, yet restaurant half empty. When asked how long the wait would be, the reply was a shrug of the shoulders before walking off. Seems a little customer service training is needed for the younger female staff. Certainly will not be returning and do not recommend.