“Expensive”

Ranked #211 of 686 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a Cocktail Bar and Restaurant serving food till 7pm daily. 2-4-1 ★Happy Hours★ from 5pm till 8pm after which our DJ's supply the soundtrack to your night playing the best tunes every Wednesday,Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Group of you coming in? Hen/Stag Do? Birthday Party? Get in contact to find out about our Private Function Areas from 5 to 200 people!!
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We ordered a carling, 1 g and t,1 strongbow,1 bottle of becks it came to ober17 quid!!! Nuff said! They do bogof after 5 which is better. And the seatting area is large. Lots of staff too.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Food ok but not enough of it you could count the amount of chips on one hand over priced

Reviewed April 6, 2012

When we arrived we had to ask someone to clear our table- no problem here apart from the fact that the rubbish were taken away but the person did not wipe the table down. we had to stop someone else to do it. We ordered 2 fish and chips around 4pm. Had to wait 10 minutes for my coffee (after we asked for it twice- someone supposed to bring it to the table outside where we were sitting). Waited for food about 15 minutes which is totally acceptable, especially that the bar was very busy but the quality of food was worst than poor. It was cold, more oily batter than fish and the chips were burnt and full of oil, the only thing that we enjoyed was pees. It was around £5-6 for each meal with no drink. Also the staff/management was smoking cigarettes right outside the entrance over children's heads that were sitting at the table next to us. Food disgusting, service-worst than poor, overall experience- will never visit again, would rather go to fish and chips and enjoy my meal by the harbour without people smoking over my head( please note I am a smoker myself but what I have seen at Bar 38 is totally unacceptable).

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Went here with my Grandma just before Christmas. We had originally planned to go to Jamie's Italian but the food did not look appetising and it was too expensive so we decided to go here for something quick. We walked in and it was pretty empty at about 1:30. We ordered our food and it came within 20 minutes. The portion size was huge which was great and it was absolutely delicious. My Grandma had the fish and she said it was also delicious. Altogether it was £13.50 for two massive plates of food. The service staff were also very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

BOGOF offers always catch my attention and the menu here looked like my type of food too! I enjoyed my chicken burger and my boyfriend had a steak which wasn't done quite as he liked but he still enjoyed it.
The cocktails were fab and the beer wasn't too overpriced!