“Excellent Vegetarian Meal!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Vegetarian Meal!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I visited with my housemate for her birthday. I had the Tofu and black bean sauce, and she had the Deep Fried Tofu in Spicy Salt, Garlic and Chilli and I had the Sizzling Fried Tofu with Green Pepper and Black Bean Sauce.

I must say that not only was it one of the best Chinese meals I've had in a long time, it was by far the nicest tofu dish I've ever had! Both dishes were spicy and full of flavour, and the tofu was cooked to perfection. The egg fried rice was also cooked brilliantly.

It wasn't too busy, and the service was fine, The lady serving us was pleasant and happy to help. The food also came out very quickly.

We'll definitely go again, and would highly recommend the food to anyone looking for a meat-free Chinese meal.

• Visited March 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese Restaurant in Southsea”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent, attentive service and great food. Had the sizzling seafood which was fantastic, scallops cooked perfectly. Very relaxed atmosphere, no need to rush but someone always on hand with a smile on their face. Good advice on quantities to eat, will definitely return. Our new favourite in Southsea.

• Visited December 2012
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This restaurant used to have a wow factor but our last visit will be the last. Booked a table in advance,walked through the door and were shown to a window table with barely a foot away from another window table, ourselves and the couple on the other table were so close it spoilt the evening. I spent the whole time facing the window watching the people going in and out of Blockbuster across the road,I only saw the rest of the restaurant at the end of a rather poor meal when I visited the toilet. We had the all you can eat menu,the crispy duck was diced not shredded, we asked for one fried rice and one boiled rice,after the meal the waitress ticked us off and said we should have ordered one or the other but that we could have ordered noodles,all a bit confusing, we will be sticking Yan Woo in future.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Stevie102_12
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, fabulous food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Whether you're choosing to eat in the restaurant for grab a take-away from next door, the food has never disappointed in the 18 years I've been using it. Restaurant is fantastic - attentive service, great cuisine and cooking, an all-round fabulous experience. The take away is separate from the restaurant, and the food is just as great, but superb value for money. I love it!!!

• Visited October 2012
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Despite a change of ownership they have managed to retain the high standard of food and service which has made this restaurant renowned. Good food, good prices and great service. Been good for 15 years that I have been visiting and I hope will remain so for the next.

• Visited September 2012