“Good food, good dining, good time.”

Tang's Chinese Cuisine Restaurant
Ranked #336 of 646 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, good dining, good time.”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We ate here with friends on a Saturday evening. When we arrived at 7.50pm we were the only customers in there which was a little unnerving! By 8.10pm there were no empty tables in the main area which was good to see. Our orders were taken and drinks delivered to the table.
The food arrived and was beautiful presented and my friend (who had only ever had Chinese takeaway was blown away). Why is there sugar in the deep fried seaweed? Our main courses were just as good but the desserts were not very adventurous just ordinary (a problem I find in most Chinese restaurants). The waitress was very attentive, I was only drinking tap water but she was there every time the glass got near to empty.
I had not eaten there for a few years but it was as good as I remembered.
I would definitely recommend this establishment – it is not at the high end of fine dining but a fine time was had by all.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could be good of they listened to orders properly”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I specifically asked for spicy chicken that wasn't sweet, but they didn't listen and it was sweet! The seaweed was discusting and covered in sugar and i was over charged for the privalidge. In the past, I've had some nice chow meins from there but will not be going back!! Very very disappointed

1 Thank Emily11111
Portsmouth
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Food was really great and service was pleasant. Waitress suggested we only have 3 portions of rice between 4 of us, which was nice as we would have ordered 4!

Yuk Sung was odd, already pre-made in the lettuce leaves, which made it ever so slightly messier, but more than enough for all of us.

Would definitely come back :)

Havant, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We recently had a family party and ordered our takeaway from Tangs. The food was excellent. There were 15 of us and everybody said how lovely the food was. They even separated all our orders to save us having to sort out the food when it arrived. I cant recommend Tang's enough. Enjoyed the food so much that we have now booked for Mother's day and my birthday.

Visited March 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Having been shown to our table and given menus we were left too long before the order was taken (the restaurant wasn't full and there were at least three waitresses). We had the set meal which was tasty but not cheap at £21 per person. Wine was also expensive and we didn't like the waitresses repeatedly topping up glasses obviously trying to make us order more. Having not visited for a number of years I was a little disappointed that it didn't quite live up to previous experiences probably as it had changed ownership.

1 Thank BUNNYMANOR