“Yuk ! What a waste of money, better food in the dustbin”
Review of Golden Emperor

Golden Emperor
Ranked #494 of 653 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
London, United Kingdom
“Yuk ! What a waste of money, better food in the dustbin”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Me and my daughter went to this restaurant on the 6Th April to have meal before going to the Guildhall to see john Bishop ( who was brilliant by the way )
It Was rather shabby looking and we was greeted by a man with a blue UN-ironed shirt with grease splashed all over it. Any way we order our meal as there was no time to go elsewhere and the starter was off and we told him this as we didn't eat it because it tasted funny. We waited for our main meal and when that arrived it too tasted off and as it was seafood I was not taking a chance. So we left our meal and payed and walked out. Also the guy was swigging a can of fosters behind a curtain. Very Poor Quality So Do Not Go There And save Your Money.I also had a bad stomach all night and the next day too....

• Visited April 2011

Fareham, United Kingdom
“Poor Poor Poor!!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Went to eat here as were going to a gig at the Guildhall, what a mistake! Arrived to be told they were only serving a Xmas Buffet Menu (all you can eat) for £17.95 per head. Not too much of a problem, but I am on a strict diet at the moment and asked if I could just have some chicken and beansprouts and pay separately (there were 5 others in our group). The guy said yes, but you will have to go sit at another table on your own!!!! Were the only ones in the restaurant and I didn't want to go and sit on my own so told him I wouldn't have anything just some chinese tea. He just said "ok" and carried on! I'm sorry but I wasn't about to pay £18 for one portion of chicken and beansprouts!!!! The food the others had was mediocre at best and none of them enjoyed it. The cleanliness of the restaurant and toilets left a lot to be desired and needless to say we shall NOT be returning!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“'no duck' 'no beer' unforgivable for a Saturday night. Actually the second time out of 3 visits no beer !!”
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Quite good variety of dishes, some good offers to choose from. Liked the service, found waitresses very pleasant. Food OK, not fab but none of it was bad either. Have been back !

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook