“Gorgeous food, friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere.”
Review of Steki Taverna

Steki Taverna
Ranked #136 of 673 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to a 'proper' Greek restaurant having only previously visited one of the other very poor alternatives Southsea has to offer. We went with a Groupon voucher and were not AT ALL restricted in our menu choices which made it amazing value. The food really was delicious - everything was freshly made. The staff were friendly and attentive and I loved the decor too. This will not be our last visit to Steki - I would be very hapoy to pay full price next time too!

There are newer reviews for Steki Taverna

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

My mum is from Cyprus and I have had a lot of home cooked Greek food and Stekis is serving the real deal. The customer service is excellent and the surroundings are so clean, bright and traditional. You get a jug of water at the start of your meal and Cyprus delights at the end, both of which are complimentary.The portions are very generous and very reasonably priced. The food is so fresh and tasty and packed full of flavour. It is so like the home cooked food I'm used to as that's what it is, home cooked food! This taverna is superb and my favourite place to eat out in southsea. 10/10!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Ok,to start,I am Greek and I can tell good Greek food from bad.This one was exceptional.original Greek tastes and environment. Friendly service,nice atmosphere.We were lucky to find a table on Saturday night,since we went a bit early.better to make a reservation. Overall highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited here while staying in Portsmouth with my husband and two children aged 11 and 14. On a Sunday evening. The restaurant was relatively quiet but ticking over and the service quick and efficient. For starters my husband had the octopus which was tender and tasty and my son had mussels which were excellent. My daughter had the meatballs and I had the fresh calamari. The calamari was delicious but for a starter was far too big. I'm afraid it did spoil my appetite for the main. Perhaps a smaller portion at a cheaper price - it was £8.50 would have been better. Our mains were good too, my husband and I shared a platter and the children chose kebabs and a main course calamari. All very tasty. The pitta bread was delicious too. Well worth a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Warm friendly atmosphere. Impressive customer service Reasonable prices for great food. Will definately return.