“Great Atmosphere, Food from the Supermarket”
Review of Soprano's

Soprano's
Ranked #9 of 684 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A busy little restaurant that had a great atmosphere, a large party celebrating a Brithday couples and indivduals in a noicy bustling restuarant.

Service was good and attnetive and they gave you time to let your food settle during and after the meal they did not rush people.

The food this was the let down I have the Olives as a pre starter, these had come out of a box from a supermarket nothing special not large not seasoned, just plain blank and green stoned Olives, I expected something a little more special, starter was the Antipasta things picked up here but he meats had been rolled but had come straight from a selection pack from Tesco, The main Calzone, this pizza base had never been made in the restaurant and and the 2 edges joined together had a crust me thinks this was a pizza base from the supermarket. all well cooked and edbile but is you are looking for something special just keep walking.

Alright but but not a memorable meal for the right reasons

tommy p, Manager at Soprano's, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal but I assure you that none of our products are bought straight from the supermarket. I'm surprised about the comments regarding the olives as all our olives are marinated in garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs. We also make our pizza bases from scratch on the premises up to 3 times a day.. I'm really sorry we didn't meet with your expectations and hope you will return again to give us another chance. But in nearly 14 years of business we have always served fresh food and never served bought in pizza base.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

an excellent setting with a retro vibe and mouth-watering food. It's sheer popularity is its own best advertisement. The thin, stone-baked pizzas are truly delicious.

1  Thank frazerprice
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good quality food at very reasonable prices. Really enjoyed the lasagne! Nice atmosphere and a good selection of wine.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely meal here on Saturday evening. Don't expect laid back upmarket restaurant style . This is a cafe style restaurant but it does it really well and the Italian style food is very tasty and authentic

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great for a meal or just A Coffee and a chat. Tommy and Sandyare great. Keep up the good work.!, garlic bread just the way we like it.