“A lovely evening”

Loch Fyne - Portsmouth
Ranked #33 of 681 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Sitting in the evening sun and browsing the exciting menu,was the perfect end to our holiday. The food that followed was first class delivered with some panache by Luke, our lively waiter

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times and to be honest with you I was a little disappointed this time round.

The service was what made me go back, and the location of course. When we turned up, we were a little early and we got a table outside as it was perfect weather conditions. The first waitress that served us was not 100% with it. The second waitress was much better but she was only involved 40% with the table and the problem with having two waitresses, is the trap of undercommunicating. This can happen very easily and in our case, it was awful.

Food was good as usual, starters and mains. Desserts were not as good. I had the Cheesecake.

High prices for this service and food. Think it should be a little cheaper.

RO

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's quite rare for me to review the state of a restaurant's toilet but it's happening today. Unfortunately it wasn't until I'd finished in the solitary male cubicle that I found there to be no toilet paper; I had to resort to using tissues in my pocket. I left the gents and asked a member of staff in the office next door for the toilet paper to be replenished and after them spending 5 minutes searching for it in a cupboard, they said they didn't have any and directed me to the disabled. Baring in mind this was early evening, this is unacceptable. In the disabled toilet (on the other side of the building), I found there was no liquid soap dispenser in place; this meant I had to walk all the way back to the gents to wash my hands. Again, this is unacceptable.

I've previously reviewed the Loch Fyne in the City of London, which was excellent, however this example saw a mixed review, food-wise. While I had a beautiful fish & chips, another couple of family members went for the King Prawn Masala. Now at £13.95, the portion was far too mean; lovely prawns but should have really been a starter.

We couldn't fault the view or the attentive service, but really the toilet situation and mean portions leave this particular branch scoring no greater than satisfactory.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just love fish, so I'm always spoiled to death at Loch Fyne. They really can't go wrong here, especially on a fine day. Service always good, food terrific and I look forward to my next visit. Well worth a try

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Good service. Good value. Pity Trip Advisor wants me to say more .... and more .... until I've written 50 characters

1  Thank JulianM186363