Somerset House Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$103
$83
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$66
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$111
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsflorence armsmercer collectionsuperior suitelovely hotelcooked breakfastparking permitmercer groupbeautiful roomclose proximityon arrivala ground floor rooml'occitane toiletriesa lovely stayquiet roadpower showergastro pubbooked rooms
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Lovely hotel - I have stayed at its sister hotel the Florence House several times but things have changed slightly since my last visit. Although still charging the same you have to cross over the road to the sister hotel for breakfast and if you want a cooked breakfast it is no longer included in the price. Furthermore, if you want something ASK I wanted the advertised pastries but they were not on offer so i had toast then when I had finished my breakfast the staff changed and the new waitress offered warm croissants you can imagine my disappointment so my advice is if you want something ask for it and dot be like me and assumer there are none. Clean and comfortable hotel with permit on street parking, no real complaints I just hope the downward slide doesnt continue that would be a shame, as it would no longer be my preferred hotel in Southsea..

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you dont like climbing stairs choose one on the ground floor, they are all pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellie H, Manager at Somerset House Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Firstly if I can just clarify that some time ago now (about 2 years) we changed our pricing so that a continental breakfast was included but a cooked breakfast was a small extra charge. This was so people were not paying for a breakfast that they did not want. Most guests in the week do not want a cooked breakfast as they are business travellers in a hurry and this works best all round.

I am sorry about your disappointment surrounding the croissants. We have spoken to staff about this mishap to ensure we do not disappoint other guests.

Thank you again for making us your preferred hotel in the area and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

All at Somerset House

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

From entering the hotel, I was delighted with the staff and their helpfulness. On being shown to my room, I was delighted at the fresh, contemporary decoration and the facilities provided in the room. Didn't work out all the buttons on the TV, despite staying over 4 nights. Free Wi-fi really powerful, no delays. Continental breakfast included was varied and delicious. Service from the staff throughout was delightful. Will be using this hotel whenever I'm in Portsmouth. Thanks to all who made it such a pleasure!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the review, it's lovely to have you stay with us regularly. We are pleased the wifi suits your needs as a business guest and that staff were helpful to you at all times. We pride ourselves on our breakfast so I'm pleased you enjoyed it all.

See you soon

All at Somerset House

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Pleasant hotel with comfortable fittings though bathroom showing signs of wear. Booked hotel based on on site car parking but on arrival was expected to use parking permit for on street parking. When pointed out I needed secure parking the receptionist? arranged for me to park in the sister hotel the Florence that had a proper car park across the road. No problem, therefore, but perhaps the website would be better suggesting requesting car parking when booking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielFlorencehouse, Manager at Somerset House Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologise about the confusion regarding parking. We have a range of parking options for guests and are able to accommodate everyone's needs by request. I'm glad we could resolve this for you.

Thank you for your 4 star review and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The rooms were delightful! So many details and in such great taste. Staff was helpful and breakfast was fine. Reasonably priced, I can't say anything about location because it rained and we had to use the car. I would definitely recommend the lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recommendation!

We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a really nice stay here, but having booked the Florence Hotel online, and received a confirmation from the Florence, it was something of a surprise to arrive and be shown to sister building the Somerset. Maybe it was somewhere n the small print, but I didn't see it anywhere when I booked. That said the room was the kind of thing we expected - lovely decor, big comfy bed, gorgeous bath and a nice breakfast too. It was also a good quiet location. If I could have improved anything it would have been the curtains, which were flimsy and thin and didn't do much to make the room dark.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the room you were in which was an upgrade to a larger room (of the same category you booked) Thank you for mentioning the curtains to us, we will look at this issue as naturally a peaceful night's sleep is essential when staying at a hotel! We apologise if this affected your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about the room, bath and decor and we hope to welcome you again,