“The perfect evening!”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 651 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Southsea - Closed until mid 2017 The Kitchen, Southsea is Mercer Collection restaurant. Offering an A La Carte experience in the heart of Southsea this unique venue offers something special. Unassuming from the outside a stunning interior awaits with crystal chandeliers overhead and sumptuous velvet banquet seating. The venue can be hired for meetings and functions. With an outside seating area for the summer months The Kitchen is the ideal place for evening dining. Freshly prepared food with local ingredients from 24 Hour Belly Pork to creative Fish of the day dishes. Home-made desserts end the perfect meal.
Portsmouth
“The perfect evening!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I went for our anniversary and from start to finish it was perfect. It is nice to find people who understand food and wine and excellent service. We were treated like VIPs and the food was delicious. We will certainly go back on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Frank H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service and Dinning Experience at The Kitchen”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The friendly atmosphere and staff working in the Restaurant always make my dinning experience on each visit something to look forward to. Charming decor both at The Kitchen and in all the rooms I have stayed in Florence Gardens and Stattons.

• Visited April 2014
Pyrford
“a Hotel Residents View”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and enjoyed every meal including excellent breakfasts. I don't know how often the menu changes but all the dishes we enjoyed were delicious, well presented and substantial and that includes Sunday lunch. The meal is enhanced by the friendliness, professionalism and efficiency of the waiting staff.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David W
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I visited The Kitchen with my boyfriend and we both had a fantastic time.

The décor is great, and the service matches this. All the waiting and bar staff could not do enough to help, and it was great to see such real attention to detail.

We didn't opt for starters but had some amazing bread and then I had the duck for my main and the brownie for dessert. All of it was outstanding, and presented so beautifully.

The ambiance was perfect for a romantic dinner, and I understand they have a room you can book for private dining, so will also return with friends.

I would definitely recommend here if you're looking for something special, and not another chain restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great service Good food!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Florence Gardens Boutique hotel recently in Portsmouth. We really did not see any restaurants that excited us so we decided to try The Kitchen located in the hotel. The service was extremely good and very accommodating. Overall the atmosphere is charming, feels like you are having dinner at home. Not many tables so reservations are a good idea. Overall the meal was good. I did feel that the starter menu was a little lacking in variety. But they did make us a small salad per our request as there was none on the menu. The wine is was decent and affordable. My husband had the catch of day, which was hake over linguine which was very good. I had the stuffed aubergine which was good. We ended the meal with a cheese board which was very good and one order was enough for the two of us. Overall price was reasonable, and service very good.

Visited May 2014