“You'd have to go a long way to find a better B&B than this in Portsmouth area”

Hamilton House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Hamilton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 34 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Darvel, United Kingdom
“You'd have to go a long way to find a better B&B than this in Portsmouth area”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I, together with my daughter and her boyfriend, stayed at Hamilton House B&B recently for a 3 night break. We had booked 2 double/twin en-suite rooms, but found out pretty last minute that my other daughter would be joining us for 2 nights. This was no problem for Mr & Mrs Tubb, who arranged for a 3rd bed to be made available. Ideally located in a peaceful area, bus stops practically on doorstep, shops, restaurants and bars a short stroll away. No parking at the B&B, but we had no trouble finding a space around the corner. Very peaceful and relaxing. Sandra and Graeme extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and full of tips and suggestions to make our trip more enjoyable. Even their directions were spot on. First class breakfast (I put on 3lbs!!). Rooms of a generous size and spotlessly clean with large, airy living room with TV/DVD, books, maps, boardgames etc. We will be recommending Hamilton House and it will be our first choice whenever we return to the area. Thank you Mr & Mrs Tubb.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I spent a long weekend here with our grandson. The welcome was fabulous you'd have thought we were visiting friends. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of there way to find discount vouchers for all the attractions we wanted to visit including the Spinnaker Tower, I saved a small fortune over the weekend. The bedroom was again like visiting my aunt and was very clean and tidy. The food was excellent, possibly the best breakfasts I've had in Portsmouth for a long time. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 9, 2011

My partner and I stayed in this delighful B&B last week when we visited Portsmouth to carry out the final wishes of my partners Dad at the nearby naval base. Both Sandra and Graham were very welcoming and treated us like a King & Queen. Both hosts could not have been more helpful in such sad circumstances. The B&B is lovely; clean, spacious and has all the character of wonderful victorian house. The bedroom had clean towels, bed linen, a shower and TV all provided and there is a study room full of wonderful momentos from around the world on the ground floor! The breakfast is fantasic and truly gets you started in the morning. It's only a short distance to the main centre of Portsmouth and the B&B is situated on a main bus route although taxis are not a problem in getting. Overall we had a lovely stay at the Hamilton House and we look forward to coming back again very soon. Thank you again Sandra & Graham.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My boyfriend was yachting at the harbour for the weekend so I thought I'd come along to see the sights. We wanted something affordable and cheerful and this was perfect. the house reeks of old English sea-side charm, the decor is old-fashioned but in a wonderful homely way, by no means out-dated or distasteful. Sandra is wonderful, a polite and friendly hostess who cooked a lovely breakfast made to order and who gave me a number of discount vouchers to the local attractions. She was also kind enough to introduce us to the other folks there and I ended up making some contacts. The room was clean. Overall very pleased and I can't imagine what the negative reviewers previous were talking about. You'd have to be socially retarded to not want to be introduced to your fellow guests, such ignorant and distasteful people. I'd be sure to go back if I'm ever down that way again. A lovely, home-run business, these people have put their heart and soul into it and it shows.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
neer
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We are for 7 nights at Hamilton House in Portsmouth by Sandra and Graham Tubb. It was a very nice B&B. The Hostess was very nice and helpful, de breakfast was very good, de room was every day clean. We can everybody advice to stay at the halmilton house for a very nive holliday.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We came down for a Portsmouth University Graduation ceremony. Upon arrival we were greeted and shown our rooms which were of a nice size and obviously kept well clean. The room came with an en-suite which was perfect for getting ready in the morning. The beds and room in general were extremely comfortable as we all slept well. Breakfast was also very pleasant in the morning, as there were different options for everyone, and the friendly owners made sure we were all ok as we enjoyed our breakfast. If anyone is in the area or planning to visit Portsmouth, we would highly recommend Hamilton House which is located just a few mintues from the town centre and the Gunwharf Keys shopping district.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Carter_Family_10
runcorn
Reviewed August 1, 2010

we booked hh because we only needed bb as we was spending our time at the wedding we was invited to, we didnt need or want 5* luxury, the owners were very friendly and helpful, rooms clean and comfortble, breakfast was great, (nice bacon not cheep stuff) what more do you want for £35pppn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple