“Breathtaking views!”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$12.01*
and up
Emirates Spinnaker Tower Portsmouth Entrance...
$38.87*
Emirates Spinnaker Tower Portsmouth Family Entrance Ticket
$47.08*
Brighton and Portsmouth Full-Day Tour from Oxford
Ranked #6 of 129 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I visited the Spinnaker Tower for the first time on Saturday having admired the building from below many times. It's a stunning structure and I enjoy seeing it in the distance from miles away as well as up close. On Saturday, I had signed up to abseil down the Tower for charity and decided that afterwards I would finally go up the tower to enjoy the views properly. The staff at the tower were all lovely, helpful and friendly. I was able to pay for my ticket using Tesco Club card vouchers which is great. You're taken to have your photo taken when you first go in and you can purchase it later with a background put in for £8. A little pricey but a nice memento. You are taken straight to the lift and although packed in tight, it's a fast ride so not unpleasant. You come out at the first viewing level and are welcomed by the amazing views. Portsmouth harbour is always interesting and I could have stayed up there for ages. Maybe a bench or two to sit on would be nice but there's always the cafe on the next floor up if you want to sit. The glass floor is fab. My young children really enjoyed it once they got their confidence and realised they wouldn't fall through it! I enjoyed it too. There were the people abseiling to watch too which was fun to see and that happens fairly frequently. It was a beautiful day on Saturday and we could see for miles. We had a nice refresher in the cafe on the second floor and the open air third floor was a slightly different experience again. I am so glad I finally made the trip up the tower and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. We spent a relaxing couple of hours up there and enjoyed every minute.

1  Thank rustyspr0cket
TheSpinnakerTower, General Manager at Spinnaker Tower, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Spinnaker Tower and congratulations on completing your abseil too – it’s definitely a daring feat! Best wishes,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

One of the best views on the south coast interesting entertainment at the top good all round attraction

Thank you for your lovely comments. It’s great to see that you enjoyed your visit and the views on offer. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Spinnaker Tower again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The viewing decks are amazing with great views all around. There are often special events on included in the price but of course can get very busy. Residents get a discount if they show two forms of ID and you can also book ahead on line for a discount. There is a viewing guarantee so you can go back another day if you can't see the three solent forts. Cafe on the ground floor ok. The glass floor is the best! Shame the glass lift never came into being. Well worth a visit if you have never been up it but it's worth seeing from the outside too, having watched it being built it's an amazing structure. Lots more to do at Gunwharf so you can make a day of it.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are situated in a beautiful position on the waterfront right next to the fantastic Gunwharf Quays, so as you say, you can spend the whole day here! I hope to welcome you back to the Spinnaker Tower again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited the Spinnaker Tower at the request of my teenage son and we all enjoyed the trip. I do think for what it is, its a touch on the pricey side as besides the view from the Tower there isn't a lot to do there. That said we did enjoy standing on the glass floor 110metres up in the air and some of the views from the 3 viewing platforms were staggering. I would just like to mention the members of staff were very nice and helpful though perhaps a little pushy in trying to sell the photos that are taken of your family when you first enter. Admittedly I did buy the photo as it was very good but be sure to take your wallet if you plan to eat and drink there too! Still, it was worth it!

TheSpinnakerTower, General Manager at Spinnaker Tower, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Spinnaker Tower. It’s always nice to hear that our staff are nice and helpful too. Our team are trained to ask all of our guests if they’d like to see their photo to ensure it is clear where the photo purchasing point is. I am sorry to hear you found it a little pushy but glad to hear you found the photo of a high quality. I’m happy to see you found it great value for money and I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Been a few times to Portsmouth but the weather was always bed. Not yesterday. Couldn't have asked for better weather. You can see Chichester from one side and Foley refinery the other. It was such a clear day I'm sure we could see for the full 23miles they claim you can see on a good day. You do cram in the lift but it's super fast & well worth it. My little girl loved walking on the glass floor! Shame we were not around to see it lit at night !
What a great addition to Portsmouth.

Thank you for your lovely comments. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Spinnaker Tower and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.