Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

More Info
from $44.40
More Info
4,532 results
All reviews glass floor isle of wight fantastic views viewing deck high tea second level lift takes afternoon tea cream tea sunny day well worth a visit portsmouth harbour visiting portsmouth great attraction historic dockyard clouds abseil
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Had a lovely day out at Portsmouth Harbour and went up the tower to have a look around.
The price of £11 each adult is rather expensive in my opinion seems to have doubled since I last went
They have a nice little cafe at the top - tea and Hot chocolate were great the cake horrible .

Really lovely sunny day so views were fabulous well worth a visit

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My partner and I - both terrified of heights - decided to make it a bit special and went for the High Tea option. We were not disappointed! The food was awesome and the view was incredible. We braved the glass floor and after half an hour of giggling and insisting we couldn't do it actually managed to walk across.
What made the day even more enjoyable was that every single member of staff we encountered was completely lovely, helpful and knowledgeable. Not one part of the experience was disappointing and i would thoroughly recommend.

HarryS2907, Public Relations Manager at Spinnaker Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you so much for this glowing review! We're delighted that you had a great time and that our team helped make it such an enjoyable visit. Well done for facing your fears and taking on the glass floor!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I found the spinnaker tower quite dear for my liking, I do live locally and see it in the skyline everyday day yet I’ve never been up it. So my wife and I took our friends up the tower and I found the view of my home spectacular! The staff were really friendly although I have to say I expected more staff, there wasn’t a huge amount of security and I thought the site could’ve been cleaner... I found the dirty window which contained lots of smudges and finger prints really dampened my view and overall experience. I thought the souvenirs were slightly overpriced but I’m glad I’ve experienced it.

1  Thank Navigate57224411866
Reviewed 6 days ago

We decided to visit the tower on a nice bright sunny day. The lift takes you up very quickly to the observation floor or the restaurant.We wanted to try and have a cream tea in the restaurant. We were very lucky to find a table as the room is small and many tables were booked for people wanting afternoon tea. Our cream tea was very enjoyable, scone, butter, jam and cream plus a tea or coffee for £5.00. The afternoon tea is much more expensive but includes dainty sandwiches, cakes etc. The view is beautiful and very interesting. I did walk over the glass floor just to say I had. Above the restaurant is a small garden area with a few deck chairs to sit in, this can be reached by stairs.

HarryS2907, Public Relations Manager at Spinnaker Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're really pleased you enjoyed your visit and your cream tea in The Clouds cafe.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Visited here as a family, the views overlooking Portsmouth were fantastic, we visited the cafe, where we enjoyed a drink and cake taking in the scenery.
We enjoyed the glass floor, (which you have to take your shoes off to go on)
It was smaller inside than I expected, the top floor was a bit chilly in November as it had a netting on the roof, so it was open to the weather, luckily it was a dry day.
Definitely worth a visit if your in Portsmouth.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took some out of town family to the tower and were disappointed by the entrance fee. There was a reduction for locals, but the staff at the door expects locals to bring household bills with them to prove they actually live in Portsmouth, which is absurd. After a lengthy discussion we managed to get the discount for the two of us, but it left a bitter taste behind.
Once on top, the view is of course spectacular, but the cafe unfortunately is not. It was crowded, the selection and service were poor, whilst the prices were steep. The cakes we tried were dry, and we were a little embarassed to have taken our visitors here. Definitely not an experience I need to repeat any time soon.

Our 25% Portsmouth Residents Discount applies to a catchment of postcodes within the Portsmouth and Gosport area. Full details of this discount are on the Tickets & Prices page of our website where it clearly states that proof of address is needed in order to claim the discount. It also explains that discounts are available to the claimant and his/her family living within the same house (up to six people) and that it does not extend to visiting family.

We accept either a photo ID with your address on, a valid Portsmouth Leisure Card, a utility bill or an authorised letter with a name and address on it. This is far from 'absurd'. It is not unreasonable to ask guests to prove their address if they wish to claim this particular discount. The offer would obviously be open to abuse if we did not have this basic requirement in place.

I'm sure this was a disappointing to start to your visit but I'm glad that, once up there, you found the views from the tower 'spectacular'.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited on my birthday whilst down in the south coast for a couple of days (Brighton was our next stop) and this tower is worth steeling yourself for as there is a glass floor at the top so you can really have a nice pins and needles experience as you gaze down to the ground far below!!!

Thankfully neither of us are that scared of heights as we both scaled the Eiffel Tower during a more than brisk side wind during one rather unsettled summer weekend some years ago, so this didn't faze us!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were visiting Portsmouth and decided off the cuff to visit the Spinnaker Tower. Everyone we met without exception was delightful couldn’t have been more helpful (I have a broken leg) we decided to return to have a drink in the bar and watch the sunset (there wasn’t any sun) but there was a fabulous view. I would highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Wow, what a fabulous view. I found this trip to far more interesting than I had thought it would be. Very friendly staff around to answer any questions, but the Spinnaker really is all about the view.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Views are brilliant.. very high.. the glass on top floor is very scary.. I hate heights .. very clean.. cafe is quite expensive.. shopping centre close buy with loads of restaurants.. good day out