“Heavenly weekend, can't wait to go back”

Florence House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth
Brackley, United Kingdom
“Heavenly weekend, can't wait to go back”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

From the time I arrived at Florence House until the moment I left, I was made to feel very welcome. The staff are all exceptionally helpful and friendly. The hotel is charming, and is located in an excellent part of Southsea, away from noise and traffic, but very close to the sea front and the attractions of the town. Excellent breakfast with a variety of options, but the highlight for me was the restaurant which was an unexpected delight. I would describe the food as 'notable' and well worth trying. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer than two nights, but I plan to return in the autumn, hopefully for a longer stay. I can highly recommend Florence House for a long or short break. .

Room Tip: Worth booking a small double if travelling solo.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary T G
Reception1113, Manager at Florence House Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We are always pleased when we hear guests have felt very welcome at our hotels. The hotel is quietly tucked away but close to all the main attractions here in Portsmouth. We are happy that you found the breakfast “excellent” and the restaurant “well worth trying”. We would be delighted to have you back at our hotel for a longer stay and thank you for the wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We arrived very late on our day of check in so were pleased to have such a warm and friendly welcome from the guy at the desk - and to get upgraded to an Executive Double was a welcome surprise too. All the staff that we encountered there were just as friendly and welcoming, from the lady in the breakfast room to the lady who completed our check out the following day. Breakfast was great and the dining area was so much more than I has expected to find there. The room that we stayed in was in Somerset House across the way, comfortable bed and furnished to a good standard. Next time I am staying in the area this will definitely be first on my list of places to stay - I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

What a hotel. Good Value, Staff were very nice and always there to help. The room was beautiful bed very comfie shower is lovely good size. and the room and hotel was very very clean. only £4 in a cab to town or a nice walk by the sea. Breakfast was lovely did not have dinner but well next time. we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reception1113, Guest Relations Manager at Florence House Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review!

It makes us really happy to read such nice things! Our aim is to make our every guest feel this way so thank you so much once again and we are looking forward to your next stay!

Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very good value. Room was clean and bed comfie. Good size shower and L'occitane toiletries were provided. Breakfast was excellent. Had porridge followed by full English. The mushrooms were particularly good, being fresh and large. Plenty of choice. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review.

It was a pleasure to have you here and we’re very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I totally agree with last review. We were met by very friendly girls who immediately found us a parking space and permit. When they discovered we were leaving very early to catch the ferry before breakfast service commenced we were offered a packed breakfast which we collected from the fridge before we left. It was very good!
We had dinner in the restaurant served by very efficient staff. The food and wine were superb. We would most certainly stay there again! A good beginning to our holiday.

• Stayed March 2014
Reception1113, Guest Relations Manager at Florence House Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
One of our favourite compliments is to be described as a “Little Gem”. Thank you for taking a time to leave a review – we really appreciate it! Our team is looking forward to welcoming you again!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed one night here whilst visiting our daughter who lives round the corner. I didn't expect this place to be sooo beautiful! The décor is fantastic and everything is spotlessly clean. The room we had was gorgeous and the bathroom was a dream, I could have spent hours just in the shower! The staff are very friendly and we were given a parking pass so that we could leave the car indefinitely in a space as parking is a bit of an issue around the area. Breakfast was fantastic, I don't usually have a cooked breakfast but I did here, my husband, who is Irish and loves a big breakfast, had everything on the menu and didn't eat the rest of the day! I thought the price was expensive when I booked but it really was worth it. Cant recommend this hotel enough, we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for such an amazing review!

It’s always nice to hear our guests enjoyed their stay and were satisfied with the services provided. We are really proud of our chef and we hear a lot of compliments about our food.

Please contact us next time you are planning on visiting your daughter we would be happy to see you again!

Barry, South Wales Uk
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed over night here, what a fantastic surprise.. From the greeting to the rooms, the food and the decor, were outstanding. The friendliness of the staff of this little bespoke hotel is genuine, there was nothing that I could fault. I'm a coeliac, and was expecting a few problems with food which would be the norm, but as I arrived I was assured that this was definitely not a problem... And it wasn't.!!!
If you are ever in this area, go and pay a visit, and you will see how beautiful and tasteful it all is.

Room Tip: Anyone as they are all different, but all very beautiful
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reception1113, Manager at Florence House Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review, we are very happy to find that you had an enjoyable stay and have described the greeting, rooms, food and décor as “outstanding”. Our aim is to ensure that every guest receives the highest level of service including any dietary requirements they may have. If you are in the area again please do not hesitate to give us a call to book your next stay, we would be more than happy to welcome you back.