Florence House
  • Breakfast included
$103
$83
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$89
HIExpress.com
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$66
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewscooked breakfastgastro pubsister hotelflorence armslovely hotelparking permitsea fronttop floorl'occitane toiletrieschain hotelscomfortable bedexcellent breakfaststayed one nightenjoyable staybeautiful roommercer groupstreet parking
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed for two nights at this wonderful B&B.I had a lovely top floor room,very clean,great location,excellent breakfast and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful..A young woman named Aqua went so far as to lend me her cell phone and laptop as I did not bring mine with me on this trip and she was very informative regarding all things in the area.The service in this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nickimac13
Ellie H, Manager at Florence House, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments, especially about the service provided by all staff, but mainly our receptionist Aqua.

We are very pleased you had a good stay and look forward to seeing you for another visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

When our sailing to Bilbao was delayed for 24 hrs we needed somewhere to stay in Portsmouth. This little hotel was. Real find and we have had a great stay. Staff vey helpful, rooms well set up and breakfast is great. Parking is over the road at a sister hotel but is fine. We will be back. Great little restaraunts, Montparnasse 10 mins walk away where we had a great meal. Thanks to bf for delaying the sailing otherwise we would not have found these gems.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank w_john_c

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are pleased you were delayed as well and hope you had a great holiday once you made it there.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Booked this hotel at the last minute and was described as a boutique hotel on booking.com. On arrival had a pleasant greeting and was told to park over the road at the sister hotel. The place itself was worn and was in need of refurbishment as the room was not as shown on the photos on the website. We booked it as a spa room but the bathroom again was worn and after filling the spa bath it did not function !. Continental breakfast was in the price and was reasonable. I realised On getting home I had left my ipad charger in the room so I sent an email requesting it be sent to me in the post, so far I have had no reply. Was interested in staying in a "boutique" hotel however I was disappointed.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John R

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, as we noted in an email to you, we never received the note about your charger and the email was found in "junk" after reading your review. As we have very low spam filtering due to enquiries from email addresses all over the world we rarely check our junk file. Had we received it, it would have been responded to immediately as we have someone who deals with emails all day and night. We do hope the charger was received.

I am also sorry you were unhappy with parking. Parking at our sister hotel is a nice “extra” for some of our guests who enjoy the convenience of a car park just opposite the hotel when we do not advertise as having one, instead offering street parking and a small off-road area for Florence House guests. I am sorry if it did not come across this way.

Regarding the spa bath it was not brought to the attention of staff that it was not working on Saturday. No guests have had a problem since though it is possible the external switch which is located in the bedroom may have been off – had staff been told they could have quickly resolved this for you. We would not sell any guest a spa bath room if the spa element knowingly did not work as this would be completely unacceptable. We are glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast on offer.

Staff said throughout your stay and upon check out there appeared to be no problems and you seemed happy with everything on offer. We are sorry the stay disappointed you.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Florence for one night as part of a birthday celebration. We received a warm and efficient welcome on arrival, check in was straight forward and we were shown to our room by the receptionist. We stayed in room 2 and it was perfect, very pretty and comfortable with refreshments and a kettle provided. We were given a key to the front door as well as to our room so we could come and go as we pleased which was great as we went out to dinner in the evening. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order, really yummy poached eggs!!
All in all a lovely stay and we will definitely come again, thank you :)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Winton40

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your birthday celebration stay and everything met your needs.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Almost don't want to write this review, tempted to keep this hotel a secret!! I chose it because as a lone female business traveller I am sick and tired of faceless large hotel chains not providing good value for money. My employer foots the bill, but I still care about good value. I cannot find fault with this hotel, my stay was perfect. Nice staff, immaculate rooms, gorgeous bed linen and the fluffiest, huge white towels. Beautiful toiletries, free wifi, good tv channel selection, free parking absolutely perfect. Parking it tight, but they have spaces around the back for three cars, plus permits for on road parking. It's a residential area so it is really quiet (bliss). Just hope they have space when I visit again. If the hotel was looking for suggestions, I would say slippers and a desk to work at in the room rather than a chest of drawers. Please note, it's a suggestion, NOT a complaint.

Room Tip: Ask for an exec double, mine had a jacuzzi bath
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lady Caroline G

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you liked the hotel and everything met your needs. Thank you for letting us have your feedback on improvements too, this is always appreciated.

Once again, thank you and please visit us again soon!