“Premier inn”

Premier Inn Southsea Hotel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stay in premier inns regulary, I took my children here this weekend gone and found the room clean, staff friendly and willing to assist. Breakfast was nice. However the room was so cold, we had extra duvets and children now have colds. I would return here but perhaps with some extra clothing for the night as this made our nights sleep quite unpleasant. Staff kindly agreed to refund as part of goodnight gurantee but not heard anything yet. In general a great location with lots to do localy.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lovely receptionist welcomed us. Small parking area convenient and safe.

Room immaculate and great sea view. A bit noisy due to the fun fair but that stopped at 10pm.

Don't eat here! Much better nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is more pricey than central London premier inns we have stayed in during weekends. I'm not sure it warrants the £70+ we paid for this hotel.

The staff were helpful and polite.
Room was fine and clean.
The location was great.

It is a big shame that this premier inn associates itself with the adjoining pub- our meal deal and breakfasts were served in this pub but it is truly dreadful.
The service is appalling - very slow and impolite.
The food was over cooked .
The toilets were disgusting.
The meals came out in dribs and drabs.
A lot of locals used the pub whilst we stayed and again the behaviour of locals was appalling .
It really was not pleasant to try and eat our pre cooked meal amidst their shouting across the dining area, their children running around the dining area with masks and toy machine guns,the incredible level of noise , screaming and drunk roudy parents in charge of their children in the play area.

The "good nights sleep" guarantee is a bit of a joke - we had loud footsteps and walking across our ceiling late into the night. It sounded not much better than bare floorboards.

Fortunately we were here for a very special family occasion so the benefits of the company we had far outweighed the above negatives .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Blossomfairy
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have just returned home from 4 days - staying at the Clarence Pier Southsea Premier Inn. WE have stayed here in the past. A high standard is maintained here. Staff helpful and friendly - right from the receptionist to cleaning team and all the staff in the restaurant. The Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre are both run efficiently. We had requested a room with a sea view and were thrilled to have been allocated one.

No fitness and pool selected in error

Room Tip: Level1 or 2 with sea view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with grandson in a nicely furnished family room. Hotel is slightly out of town but it only takes 5 minutes to get to the Dockyard and Gunwharf by car .On arrival cheerful and helpful receptionist .

My wife and I had double bed and grandson single bed ( not sure whether it was a pullout sofa but it was comfortable) . Plenty of towels, tea making facilities , TV in room , adjustable room heating which worked well though it took a little patience to appreciate the system it used. Bathroom and the room itself clean and tidy and was nicely made up when we came back on the second day in the afternoon.

One complaint all of us hate foam soap dispensers ,they are totally inadequate so take your own soap.
Walls well soundproofed but ceiling not so so late night arrivals in room above could wake you up

Breakfast very good - excellent selection , nice and hot and as much as you want. ( Children go free if 2 adults buy breakfast ) First morning breakfast was cooked to order , second morning it was a buffet. Helped yourself to everything incl tea/coffee, Staff very positive and polite.

Next to the hotel is an amusement centre with rides , crazy golf and slot machines so grandson had a good time ( one of the stalls makes very good fresh sugared doughnuts ). It doesnt stay open late so no noise problem . Also it is easy access to the beach and seafront from the hotel.

Only limited underground parking so if late back in evening you need to ask receptionist where you can park

Room Tip: I think a room on the second floor would be best since no room above with potentially noisy guests...
2  Thank mark666
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent location. Could not be better situated as central to all the amusements and funfair and easy walking distance to GunWharf Quay.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. Everything you basically need for a short break.
Breakfast is excellent, especially good value for us as the kids eat free.
The room was very cheap and good value. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I went 1st April needing a break I saw premier inn for £150 for two nights and thought yes ill book as the location was fab (right by the seafront and only a short walk to Gunwharf) upon arriving I was less than impressed but thought oh well inside will be fine :)

I was wrong! We were given are room key & told how to get there

Upon entering the room my first thought was urm what? I previously paid £170 for 3 nights at a holiday inn & that was amazing this felt like it should of only been £45 per night not £70!! The room was clean but the bathroom was not... I went to put rubbish in the bathroom bin what do I find a bin full of used sanitary products! (Not mine considering I'm 15 weeks pregnant) my partner said we will go out for dinner & just enjoy the night coming back we settled down for bed I was tossing & turning for about 2 hours I got out of bed to have a cuppa to relax and what do I find a cup full of dirt & gone off milk! I then notice my legs itchy And I had come up in 2 huge rashes! (I have no allergies) at that point I lost it and wanted out my partner was annoyed as he could see I was so unhappy he told the check in person we were leaving and she said we can give u a different room or refund you bith bights as you arebt staying we choose the refund we left at 1am... Still waiting for the refund.. & still no break...

I've never been to a worse hotel :( the staff were good I will give them that but if you want a good hotel this isn't for you

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Margaret B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.