“Good service, great breakfast and an ok sleep”

Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The welcome from the front desk was great and the reception team really did seem to care and provided a great experience.

The room was fine, but was really cold! I will accept that it was a very cold day, but the heating didn't seem to be able to cope! The room was very clean and nicely presented.

The bed was comfortable and I was hoping for a good nights sleep. Unfortunately I didn't sleep that well as there was a noise outside. It was a noise which was hard to describe, I believed it could have been a generator. I did mention this upon check out and I was confident that they would look into this. They did seem to care about this and were genuine with their concern.

The breakfast was great and there was a good selection of hot food.

Although I didn't sleep that well, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

To be honest not sure of the 2 Premier Inns next to each other we'd booked, so glad this one that they bought a few years ago rather than the older one.

Very welcoming, especially having a controlled entry/exit car park. Lovely and warm, shame the Guinness wasn't working, but the other options made for a convivial evening.

Good room, better than usual, and sound nights sleep was enjoyed, bigger than usual bathroom including 'wet room' area, before a welcome breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff without being ingratiating or servile. Comfortable, clean room. A little traffic noise but not enough to disturb us. I'd recommend it without reservation. The public areas were pleasant and spacious. The receptionist answered my several queries and the barman lent me a wine cooler to use as a vase for some flowers I'd brought with me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here whilst on business in Portsmouth, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Plenty of free parking, restaurant was lovely, wifi available in rooms at £3.00 for 24hrs. I read reviews that the hotel opposite which is also the Premier Inn (Port Solent East) isn't anywhere near as nice as this one, which is what prompted me to book it. I have already booked my next stay for later on this month.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are a Premier Inn customer you will know the excellent service they provide, but the staff at the Premier Inn Port Solent were exceptional very friendly and helpful. The location of the Port Solent Inn is in a great spot for the sites you may wish to visit in this area, and don't forget to look out for the 'special offers' we stayed during February a long weekend Friday to Monday and was lucky to get the Friday and Sunday night on their special £19.00 a room rate................

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Premier Inn wasn't my first choice but after 2 cancelled flights, 3 delayed trains, late arrival and the prospect of a 14 hour ferry trip to get to a snow bound channel island, I probably wasnt in the best of moods to enjoy this place.
But the jolly staff who were in midst of a charity fundraising even managed to make me smile whilst also telling me the "restaurant" was full for 2 hours. But gave me a room collection option for a supper which was cheap but pretty bad and surely only people who have to eat there eat there. The breakfast however was very good for the very reasonable cost.
The BIG issue was the Generator unit sited inches away from Rm 26 by clearly a brilliant Head Office Brain of Britain who thought there was no connection between a good nights sleep and having a major humming that actually shaked the room throughout the night.
I didn't complain because to be honest I couldn't be bothered and just resigned myself to another notch on a disastarous trip. But on check out the receptionist asked if I slept well and I mentioned that I had not and she volunteerred, "Were you in Rm 26" My reply yes she immediatly offered a full refund under their good night sleep guarentee.
So in conclusion a great set of soldiers led by a morons. But saying that they clearly make some good decisions because this review would be significantly worse if they had not offered the refund. Premier Inn isnt my first choice for hotels but probably on this experience I would give them another go at the right price and if they had the location for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Definetely NOT Room 26
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff are really helpful friendly and excellent and the hotel is well maintained very comfortable and rooms are perfect. The rooms are tasteful well furnished very large and so comfortable . The meal in the restaurant was just perfect and all such good value for money. I will use Premier Inns again and would be happy to put clients from US and Australia there too so they must be good!!

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all an excellent satndard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends