“Excellent service and delightful food”
Review of Mowchak

Mowchak
Ranked #141 of 705 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

One of my favourite restaurant ,the staff are always incredibly helpful and friendly,delicious food ,great choices Buffett as well as Main menu special deals ,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having read reports in the local paper about the chef winning awards we thought we would have to give it a try.
The older man led us to the table and seemed friendly enough. After taking our drinks order we sat there for at least 30 mins trying to get the waiters attention so we could order our food. There were 4 of us, 3 ordered medium chefs specials and the 4 th ordered a biryani. 3 out the 4 dishes were tasteless, no flavour and no heat. My particular dish contained egg and chicken the egg was whole and when I cut into it it was so over boiled the yolk had gone all grey and the chicken was really dry on some ends I thought I was eating plastic. All 4 of us were really disappointed. I don't like writing negative reviews about local restaurants, maybe it was the head chefs night off ??? We all agreed we will not be returning as Pasha, Cinnamon and even the crookhorn BYO beat this hands down.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Finally I get to visit Pompey's 'best curry house', and I'm quite deflated by the reality. I suppose the buffet might not be the best thing to judge it on (although it's clearly a popular option), but it just didn't have that special distinction I was expecting. There was nothing wrong with any aspect, but with so many local competitors in this market, I expected better to justify some of the reviews here.
Also; no mango in the kitchen - what? In an Indian restuarant?!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Mowchak is the best curry house around and i have eaten in many, the food is always fantastic, the service is great and the staff are very friendly, we have not been to another indian restaurant since we found this one over 4 years ago.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped off at the Mowchak after a day out for a take away.
It is a while since we have been here and we found it grubby and over priced.
I think they need to give the place some TLC pretty quickly or they will lose out to the competition.