“TOO LOUD” 3 of 5 bubbles

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“TOO LOUD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

How the hell you do not go deaf in this cinema, I will never know. My ears felt as if I was inside a giant loudspeaker. I am sure the sound is in excess of 100 decibals. TURN IT DOWN, some people have hearing aids, if it was bad for me, what the hell is it like for them. Health and Safety executive should check this place out. I won't be going again.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Reginald K

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mixed opinion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I do love this cinema, certainly beats the Odeon in Port Solent the only problem I find is that the lights within the cinema remain too bright during the film, it's almost like you're sitting beneath a small spot light of you're sat in the back row.

The VIP seats are very comfortable but the standard seats are equally as comfortable, not as much leg room but that's not always a problem.

If only they did a loyalty card, I visit this cinema far too much.

Portsmouth, UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Comfy seats but too loud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We've stopped going to the Vue in Portsmouth. There are lots of positive things about it - it's clean, the seats are comfy, you can book seats in advance, transport and car parking are easy.

But there is one thing that puts us off going there - the sound is too loud. We even started taking earplugs and realised that's ridiculous.

The final nail in the coffin was going to see an opera - Parsifal live from the Met in New York. The sound was not only too loud, but muddy and distorted.

Other local cinemas are not as loud. It's going to be Chichester or Port Solent for us from now on.

Visited March 2013