“Tommy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tommy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a wonderful old theatre this is, with so much happening in its future. We saw Tommy the musical by CCADS, what a truly brilliant night we had. And a standing ovation no less for a very energetic cast and crew.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Trevor P

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you get chance to see a show in this theatre, do!!!!!!! The decor of this theatre is amazing. A real beauty.

Visited February 2014
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Elvis”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Worst show we have seen at this theatre. Marc Antony acted as if he was bigger than Elvis. Pity he didn't have the voice and charisma to back up his own hype. So bad we left at the interval, couldn't face the second half and we have seen loads of shows here. Theatre is dated and some seats have limited views. Middle aisle seats are best

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Anne S
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Kings Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely Edwardian theatre. The ceiling of the theatre is admirable.

As the theatre is small, you can easily get good views of the stage even if you have a seat at the back.

I went to see the musical Blood Brothers. The story line was excellent- no wonder it has been selected as a GCSE English book for some students. The story line explores the themes of cast, upbringing and superstition.

The musical cast was excellent. Maureen Nolan who played the part of Mrs Johnstone, the mother of the twins in the play, portrayed the character very well.

I look forward to watching other shows at this theatre in the future!

Winchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Phone booking problems”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I received an offer of £5 off for two tickets and after speaking with a friend decided to take the theatre up on this offer. I rang to book, and the girl I spoke to pleasantly told me not many seats left that quite a few people had taken up special offer,, and helped to try and explain what there was available. However when she asked for the offer code and I quoted what was on the email, she kept telling me it wasn't a valid code. In response I told her it was and read the whole email to her. She still said not correct. Eventually she made reference to a paper so I picked up on this and said not a paper but an email,, so she went off for a few minutes to check it out.

When she came back & seemed to be saying it was ok after all, I did say that I felt booking staff should be made aware of all offers sent out to the public, to which she responded that she did know and put the phone down on me.

In disbelief I rang back, but couldn't speak to anybody so left a request for someone to ring me back. A young chap did this, and when I asked if he felt acceptable behaviour to someone who wasn't rude or swearing, just making a statement of fact,, he replied that she had put the phone down on me yes, and he thought it was ok, and wouldn't give me name of his colleague.

I was then put through to a Natalie [---] who said she was manager of the booking office,
she told me it was a new offer that they didn't know about, even though it was only valid until next day, and we agreed that this was a problem that the theatre and booking staff needed to sort between them, not mine..

She told me she would speak to the staff, that I could have tickets at £5 off for two, but no apology. By this time the desire to go had completely disappeared, so much as it is a very nice theatre, I'm not going to see the performance or any others at this theatre. All very unfortunate and could so easily have been rectified.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Heather M
KingsTPorts, Manager at The Kings Theatre, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that our service did not reach our normally high standards. We are looking into this matter. Please if you could send your contact details to admin@kings-southsea.com we will reply to you shortly.

Kind Regards,