“Loved it!”

Ranked #55 of 712 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Koh Thai Southsea in based just outside of Portsmouth’s historic port area. This romantic and opulent, Grade II listed former bank boasts a mezzanine floor overlooking the buzzing restaurant and bar. The grand neo-classical facade transports you from the everyday to our exotic island, complete with a tranquil secret garden. Amazing for cocktails, parties and great food.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great food, lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be going back soon to try all the other bits and bobs. Really authentic tasting thai food.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food was fantastic but the cocktails if you are ever in Southsea and looking for a place to sit at the bar with a nice cocktail and have chit chat this is your place. The service was wonderful and because I didn't finish my green curry which was wonderful they asked if I wanted to take it home. 10/10 cant fault it.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Absolutely delicious food and excellent service. Be warned, when they say hot, they mean hot! One of our diners ordered a hot dish and it blew my head off! Try the 24 hour ribs and the pad Thai. Delicious!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Amazing experience! Waitress and barman were attentive, prompt and discreet. Food was fantastic, I highly recommend pork ribs and dim-sum. The wine/champagne is priced about average for the area, the food is very inexpensive and high quality. Music in background set a lively vibrant mood, and seems to have improved since my 1st visit. Backdrop was amazing, impressive high ceilings, beautiful lighting created romantic ambiance. Afterwards we retired to the cocktail bar which was VERY well stocked and had the feel of the cool, high end bars in London. I thoroughly recommend the place.

2  Thank AmberDP
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Koh in Boscombe I was both excited and nervous at the thought of visiting the newest incarnation of Koh in Southsea.

My fears dissipated quickly as the warm and friendly ambiance of the newest baby enfolded me in it's embrace.The welcoming flickering candlelight reflecting off the golden buddha's brightened a dull and rainy evening on the South Coast.

This time we were celebrating a birthday and had a large group booked in. We were efficiently dealt with and opted for the staff choosing our dishes up to a stated price. For £20 a head we dined on a freshly prepared and wonderful selection of starters. The best of which, the chicken sate, just kept on coming until even I held my hands up in defeat.
The selection of main courses was good, lamb mussiman,jungle curry(too hot for me), a superb seafood curry with squid, prawns and mussels-my personal favourite. A number of others as well with hot and steaming rice.

Very well done to the staff for handling a large party efficiently and with great charm.
The pace was full all evening and from the chatter and laughter all the other clients were having just a good time as we were. Well done Koh!