“Monday daytime visit”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went for a walk along the seafront and stopped for a quick drink. Have eaten here before during the day so my girlfriend, my sister and I decided to have a bite to eat. Despite being to,d the chef had had to leave for a personal emergency the owner took over the kitchen and did a marvellous job. The bar staff was very polite, friendly and welcoming. The whole experience was wonderful, I love this place for the beer garden and overall atmosphere. Would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was down in Southsea with a friend and we decided to eat inside the restaurant area. The food was great (one of the best burgers I've ever tasted and will soon eat there again!

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is our second visit to the White Horse, we chose to eat here on Saturday whilst visiting Southsea for the show and it met our expectations once again. Food was lovely and came out very fast which surprised us as the pub was jam packed. The staff are always so friendly and welcoming as are the landlord and landlady. Always greeted with a smile and made to feel like a local. We will definitely be back again! Ignore bad reviews they are not true, at the end of the day this is a PUB not a Michelin star restaurant, I'm not sure what people expect these days but I am a chef and the food here is fresh and very tasty. The Carvery is a must!
Thank you all at the White Horse for another lovely afternoon.

1  Thank UkFaye
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank you all at the White Horse for another lovely afternoon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a lovely meal at the white horse southsea, best carvery I've had in ages good value, very friendly staff.