“A breath of fresh air in portsmouth restaurant scene” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chambers

The Chambers
Ranked #17 of 634 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A breath of fresh air in portsmouth restaurant scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner for the first time last night. Four of us, the most impressive dish was the fruits de mer, I have not seen anything like this in Portsmouth before in any restaurant considering we are by the sea. The quality of the other dishes was excellent. We had a couple of issues with the service and the management was very understandable, apologetic and took our comments on board ( they were short of staff). The decor of the place is second to none. Absolutely recommend this place.

1 Thank Alex D

PORTSMOUTH
“" Breakfast That Nearly Turned In To Lunch "”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Breakfast was very nice, but waiting nearly 45 mins it nearly turned into lunch, this was around 11.00am, but on a important note I would return

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MARTIN O
Portsmouth
“A victim of its own success”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

evening at the restaurant. On the previous occasion I and my dining companions had been suitably impressed. So we had high expectations on this most recent visit. Sadly, we were disappointed with the whole experience. The initial complaint I have is that it is just too congested, of course I can understand that any business needs to maximise its profits, but it was so crammed it made the atmosphere seem somewhat repressive. The second disappointment was the food, I have to admit that my personal experience was good, the steak was well cooked and my starter was tasty (although I’m not quite sure how it could have been considered to be a goats cheese tart, and there were also no caramelised red onions). However, the majority of the other diners had complaints with their meal. Over cooked was a general consensus and a few had issues with the Spartan portion sizes. The service was friendly if a little haphazard, and due to the busyness of the restaurant it was a little on the slow side. There was also an issue with the drinks, a few members of our party were told that heir first choice of drink were not available (lemonade?) and the beer when served was flat (pint) and un-chilled (bottled), when the warmness of the beer was pointed out to a waitress, we were rebuffed with an albeit upbeat answer that “we’re too busy”.
Sadly it seems that within a month or so, the restaurant is suffering from its own success. By all means go and experience ‘The Chambers’ for yourself, but I suggest that there are better places to eat within the same price range.

3 Thank Powermonkey79
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Very good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had breakfast here on a Saturday morning - excellent full english and eggs benedict - great value as well and a pleasant clubby atmosphere

Portsmouth
“Outstanding experience and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I took my mum and step-dad for sunday lunch.

We had a nice table in the upstairs (its like a tardis) and enjoyed a great sunday dining experience. The service was maybe teh best I have had the luxury of enjoying in Portsmouth. the waitress was accommodating towards my slightly senile Mum and the waiter/host dealt with an issue with gravy on her plate exceptionally well - having a fresh plate brought out.

The roast itself was the best I have had in Portsmouth.. and good roasts are hard to come by in my book.

Would heartily recommend for sunday lunch..

and definitely, DEFINITELY have some cake!!

1 Thank OrangeHerbert