“Kids always have fun here”

Pyramids Centre Portsmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pyramids is Portsmouth's largest leisure centre, with masses to do - including a gym, fitness studio and spa, plus great water play for families and a three-level soft play adventure world filled with mazes, climbing nets and ball pits. There is also a fantastic events programme with loads to see and do.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Kids always have fun here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Please give this place a break! If you go early it is fairly clean. It's the grubby visitors that make the mess!! Admittedly the could have a cleaner working harder during the day but that would hold up the family changing rooms which are busy enough! If your kids are over 8 let them go in on there own and relax by the side with a book!! Everyone happy!! Wave machine is great fun as are the slides! Just don't expect too much glamour just enjoy it for what it is. FUN!!!

Visited April 2013

Southsea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Staff are not friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went to Pyramids Centre GYN after my work, Because I was in a hurry, I can't find my membership card, I was told I was not allowed get in unless I pay £5.00, I told them I can tell them my details, they can check I am the member there, when I joined in the membership, they took all of my details and take a photo of my to put on their system, I was told she can check their system but she will not, she need my membership card or £5.00 to get in. I have been to other GYMs before, I never got problem to get in MY club if I occasionally forgot my card, their hard faced management really drive people away, is not friendly at all.

One Angry member

1 Thank Dawn G
southampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun for kids but in need of a good clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My son always has a great time swimming here however it needs updating and a good clean. Reception area is very dull and unwelcoming. Changing room floors are obviously being cleaned regularly however the muck and rubbish embedded into the grout is horrid. Water flumes are fab but again the steps up and area at the top is not pleasant.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“In need of a good clean.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This place could be great. My kids thought it was great fun, but it was just so dirty. Changing rooms & toilets were in need of a good clean. Working a coloured band system & there were loads on the floor, of colours from the whole days worth, so obviously hadn't been cleaned all day. Place really unkept, flooring is lifting, grout filthy etc. Pool is very strongly chlorinated, made mine & kids eyes sting. Must say life guards were very attentive. My daughter is very small for her age & she was stopped a few times to ask her age & to check if she was with an adult (which she was!)

Portsmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Why close on Tuesday am of holiday time?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having arrived at 10:30 and paid £3:90 to park we then discovered that the centre was closed on
Tuesday mornings. Just what the customer wants during the Summer holiday.
We were not the only family caught out by the inadequacies of the Pyraminds
Management, at least another dozen families had turned up unaware.

My family will not be returning and I will advise friends to travel that little further to Peterfield where they are more
Customer friendly with their opening periods.

Is it no wonder this establishment is costing the rate payer money!!