“As beautiful as I knew it would be !”

The Florence Suite Boutique Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just back from business trip to Portsmouth and stayed with Eileen and Jannika in Sea-la-Vie - I cant say enough good things about my stay , starting with Eileens welcome and hospitality , I felt like I was part of the family and I can say ,I have a new "Mate" lol - Room , bed , breakfast and all the little extra touches were just 5 star - I was out in the evening in Eileen;s front garden on a call and Eileen came out to give me a blanket in case I got cold !! now money cant buy that kind of thought ,its just a natural thing for Eileen , she is a class act and so is her business , would highly encourage anyone to stay at Sea-la-VIe and I will be back , thanks Eileen and Jannika x

Room Tip: I was in room 3 , which is just so beautiful , my colleague was in room 2 and it was also just gorge...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came as a family group to attend a funeral and found heaven on earth in Southsea. We drank tea from bone china cups and saucers, poured from ornate silver teapots and sat outside in garden chairs strewn with cushions. The bedrooms had pure silk curtains, duck down duvets and 600tc Egyption cotton sheets. Before breakfast we stretched our legs on Southsea Common, watched the busy shipping canals in and out of Portsmouth Harbour, gazed across the Solent at the Isle of Wight, meandered around the beautiful Rock Gardens before turning home for breakfast (perfect). Our twenty-two-year old called Sea-Le-Vie 'awesome' and Eileen 'something special'. Thank you for helping to create the very special memory we now have of the day we said good bye our Mother and Grand Mother. Bless you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great stay for two nights in April. Eileen was incredibly welcoming and we felt immediately comfortable and looked after. Our room was decorated beautifully, it felt luxurious yet cosy, I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed!
Eileen went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable, readily recommending things to do and places to visit.
The breakfast was delicious and served with a smile and friendly chatter. I can also highly recommend the home made biscuits :)
As soon as we were on the train home we were planning our next visit!

We wanted to say a big thank you to Eileen for making our break so special

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at Sea La Vie recently, my husband, his uncle and myself stayed for 3 nights and it was a real home from home experience. Eileen looked after us superbly and even did a little flirting with our uncle who is 90 years old ( he loved it). We would definately recommend this accommodation to anyone and hope to go back and stay sometime in the future.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well what can I say except a HUGE thank you to Eileen for looking after us . We have just returned from a 2 night stay at Sea La Vie and wholeheartedly recommend it. From the second we arrived to the moment we left we were treated more like friends and family than Guests. Nothing is too much trouble for Eileen who goes out of her way to make you feel like a long lost friend. The room we had (the Aqua) whilst compact, had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. Fabulously clean and the afternoon tea Scones are to die for!!!. We will be back later in the year and will recommend you to anyone who wants a luxury stay at a reasonable price!

Dave and Lorna

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcirulis
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have just stayed here for two nights whilst my bathroom was being refitted (I live locally!). I stayed in the Aqua suite which was very tastefully decorated and calming, the bedding was superb and I hadn't slept so peacefully in years. The room was absolutely spotless with a good powerful shower and excellent fluffy towels and lovely toiletries.

A fresh tray of tea and coffee (with fresh milk and home made biscuits) in vintage china tea cups is available at most times of day from Eileen which she will bring up to the room or serve in the quirky breakfast room, so much nicer than the usual Ikea mugs with UHT milk and sachets of powdered coffee!

I chose the full English breakfast both mornings which is made using some great ingredients and very definitely freshly cooked to order, and washed this down with endless cups of tea served in antique silver pots. Lovely.

Eileen is a great host and I was lucky enough to be able to sit outside on the swing-seat with her on a sunny afternoon chatting and putting the world to rights over a glass of wine (their is a guest fridge on the first floor for chilling drinks).

All in all a great stay and I will certainly recommend to friends when they come to visit Southsea.

Room Tip: Contact Eileen directly to get the best rooms and prices. Room was very quiet as they are original...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PMPORTS
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I spent only one night at Sea-la-Vie and was delighted with the warm welcome, beautiful room and comfy bed.Had a great night's sleep after a long journey and the breakfast was excellent. Eileen and Jannika took time out to enquire about my visit to France before I left , this is a truly great place to stay. Thank you so much for the care you take Eileen and for the lift to Fratton. Next time I'm in Portsmouth I hope you have a room available !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family