1,528 results
All reviews gunwharf quays great location car park historic dockyard spinnaker tower per day bars and restaurants shopping centre stayed at the holiday inn hotel entrance parking ticket the breakfast area hms victory train station hotel guests breakfast was included basic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

A friend and I visited Portsmouth to watch a game of football and decided to stay over for a night at Gunwharf Quays. The best choice of hotel there is the Holiday Inn Express which is right in the heart of the Quays.
The rooms are typical of what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express - neat tidy, modern, functional etc. The weird thing however was that the soap dish was housed outside the shower so I had to keep accessing it every once in a while. Whether this is the case in all rooms I don't know. We had the fixed B&B rate which is worthwhile because you can help yourself to as much or as little as you want from the buffet section. If you travel by car you can get you parking charge cleared by the hotel as well which can be worth a lot if you are there for a day or so. The Portsmouth Harbour Station is a short walk away that can get you into the main city centre. Only disappointment was that the Gunwharf itself was very quiet the evening we were there however this is not a reflection of the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2019

Hotel is located in the heart of the Gunwharf quays in Portsmouth.
The place offers 50+ designer outlet shops, great shopping! There is a cinema and multiple restaurants and bars.
Walking distance from the train station.
Hotel is comfy, room was clean and large with a nice view on the quays.
Free Wi-Fi.
Breakfast was very good with a large variety.
Staff was friendly and efficient.

Room tip: 216 has a great view on the Quays
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Patrickamonaco
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Friendly staff and helpful.
Room was remade while we were out, wasn’t needed but was a lovely touch. Food was good and lots of choice for breakfast. Recommend if staying in Gunwharf, got discount on shops for staying there too.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tracydZ8086ZH
Reviewed April 24, 2019

We stayed here on 12th April - 16th April 2019.
The Lifts not working, this was no good for two people in their seventies.
Our room key card not working, we had to report this problem five times.
We can not see ourselves staying at this Hotel up and down the land.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Hello Ian T,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Portsmouth. We are grateful that you chose the Holiday Inn Express.

Making sure your stays remain efficient and frictionless is all that we aim to provide, but I'm sorry that this has gone otherwise, Ian T. With the lifts out of service, I understand that you had troubles getting to your room. I also read that the keys didn't work when you first tried them. I felt your disappointments with these shortcomings, Ian T, leaving you hesitant about the possibility of staying with us again.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. I also dropped a message via your inbox to further talk about your review.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I stayed for two nights, and wasn't expecting much, knowing the location and how noisy it gets at night.

I had a room overlooking the shopping area, and - as it was weekend - at night the shopping centre's clubs were heaving with people who wanted nothing more than to throw up their hard-earned cash the morning after.

However, my room was quiet, the bed comfortable, the air-conditioning worked well and the included breakfast was a good start to the day.

I'd go so far as to say that, between the Express and the regular Holiday Inn on the seafront, the Holiday Inn Express is the better quality hotel, unless location matters more than quality of sleep.

In daylight hours, having Gunwharf Quays nearby is great for coffees and access to shops.

Trip type: Traveled solo