“Worth finding”

Add it.
Sallyport Tearooms
Cuisines: British
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A quick lunch in here was a welcome respite from our day out to the cultural & historic attractions in Portsmouth. A welcoming place with an interesting menu and well worth the walk!

1  Thank Tony C

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Looked a lovely tearoom, but service very slow, and food was very average. Went in next day with friends and it was like going into a different place. Service good as was the food. The staff had changed!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

On entering we thought the tearoom was pleasent and the menu was acceptable. The service, however, was awful, it seemed that the staff did not want to be there! Our order for drinks was taken and then we were left wondering if we had been forgotten, had to ask for our food order to be taken, and was a bit taken back by the rather abrupt resonse of "Do you know what you want?". When the drinks came out, the waitress spilt milkshake over my daughters rucksack, and clattered the spoons and cups on the table. When the food fanally came out, it was not altogether, my daughter nearly finished hers before the rest came out and one meal was totally forgotten so we had to wait for that! We felt as though we were an inconvienience to the staff! Needless to say I did not leave a tip! Would not be returning.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Having read the other review we were a bit disappointed, the 'butter' most certainly wasn't, I asked if there was any real butter, there wasn't, glad I didn't have a cream tea! The food was average, the side salad consisting of iceberg lettuce and shop bought coleslaw,
The service was good but I was kept waiting when I went to pay which I always find irritating. However, that said there was only one person working to begin with (I think the other person was late) so there was a bit of catching up to be done. On the plus side there were a few people in on a dull day in February who seemed to be local so maybe we were just unlucky, so I'll give it another go.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Doing a walk around the old historic port and town of Portsmouth, this little tea room was recommended in Lonely Planet Great Britain.
I popped in for Eggs Benedict and a pot of tea (with leaves and a strainer).
Personal service and the whole experience a total delight!
It seems to be adjacent to a B&B where guests have breakfast in the tea room.