“What a fantastic meal !!!”
Review of O Sole Mio Two

O Sole Mio Two
Ranked #211 of 661 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant in Port Solent marina.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic meal !!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Freshly Cooked Traditional Italian Food of the highest quality is exactly what we enjoyed.
From the moment we arrived until we reluctantly departed the experience was memorable.

The menu offers something for all tastes & we tucked in to all 3 courses.
Service with a smile & at competitive prices we'll be going back again soon.

Gabbie & Gianni should be congratulated on all aspects of O Sole Mio Restaurant Two.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Christopher I

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor quality of the food leaves much to be desired!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Visited Sole Mio (Port Solent) on Bank Holiday Monday for a special meal and to make a change from our usual favourite in that area, Zizzis. Despite the restaurant giving off an authentic Italian feel and the service being very good, unfortunately, the food was not. I doubt that a lot of this food is freshly prepared and when we received our main's, both ordering pasta, it was as though it had been prepared by amateurs with dried herbs covering the dish (not cooked herbs) and being so hot that it could have only come from a microwave. The taste was bland and pasta not quite cooked. We were disappointed to say the least and my wife felt sick that evening. This is NOT fine dining and far from it. Better Italians in the area so unless you are struggling for tables elsewhere, then avoid.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gaz_foodie
oxon
“Great steak and value for money”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our 1st visit to port Solent - being a Wednesday evening it was quite quiet but can imagine it being packed in summer or weekend
I suspect this is the only non chain at the complex
Food was good - steaks were well cooked, large and good value.
Service was slightly abrupt but overall would recommend

Visited March 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genuine people & Excellent food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm a big fan of O Sole Mio, I have been going there for a good couple of years now.
The staff are very friendly and easy to have a laugh with, the food is to die for. I love my Italian food and I have to say I believe O Sole Mio has to have the best in the south coast at least! I've been to many Italians in Portsmouth & Southampton and I keep coming back to Mio. My personal favourite is the Lasagne, there's no messing it just meat and pasta with the most amazing sauce.
If you want genuine Italian food I suggest you get down here.

Visited August 2013
fareham
“Slow service sitting in the sun”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decide to have a meal in a sunny afternoon in march at this Resturant. After finding a lovely table in the sun proceeded to wait quite awhile for our starters which was lovely, our mains did take approx about 1.1/2 but drinking a bottle of wine time did seem to past fairly quickly. Dessert was delicious and coffee was good. Would recommend but allow your time in-between courses. Staff a little slow to say the least, food reasonably good, nice to eat outside and enjoy the weather in march.

• Visited March 2014