“Genuine people & Excellent food”
Review of O Sole Mio Two

O Sole Mio Two
Ranked #213 of 661 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant in Port Solent marina.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genuine people & Excellent food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm a big fan of O Sole Mio, I have been going there for a good couple of years now.
The staff are very friendly and easy to have a laugh with, the food is to die for. I love my Italian food and I have to say I believe O Sole Mio has to have the best in the south coast at least! I've been to many Italians in Portsmouth & Southampton and I keep coming back to Mio. My personal favourite is the Lasagne, there's no messing it just meat and pasta with the most amazing sauce.
If you want genuine Italian food I suggest you get down here.

Visited August 2013

fareham
“Slow service sitting in the sun”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decide to have a meal in a sunny afternoon in march at this Resturant. After finding a lovely table in the sun proceeded to wait quite awhile for our starters which was lovely, our mains did take approx about 1.1/2 but drinking a bottle of wine time did seem to past fairly quickly. Dessert was delicious and coffee was good. Would recommend but allow your time in-between courses. Staff a little slow to say the least, food reasonably good, nice to eat outside and enjoy the weather in march.

• Visited March 2014
Lytchett Matravers, England, United Kingdom
“Authentic but a predictable menu”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Authentic Italian restaurant - slightly curt but not unfriendly service - not a problem. Food and portions good. I did feel that the menu was a little stereotypical Italian fayre for Britain. Lacks a bit of ambition and could have added a little more Calabrese or Southern specialities.

Always disapointing in England to see no breadsticks on the table, which are always present in restaurants in Italy. So this was a negative.

I am not sure I would go back as it was a little bit bog-standard for my liking - nothing particularly distinguished it.

There was no business lunch offering either.

• Visited March 2014
Southampton
“great pizza”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere at this place. Best pizza in town that's for sure.

Desserts are very expensive tho at £6.50 each and that was just for frozen ice creams, the type you would normally get at an Indian/Chinese restaurant. Shame. There were a couple on the 'specials board' that were £5 but alas these weren't brought to our attention.

Have eaten here many times and thoroughly recommend, but won't be having dessert at that price.

Visited February 2014
Winterswijk, The Netherlands
“Fresh food, great service, delicious dessert”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was hoping for some authentic Italian pasta dishes, but like so many others this restaurant does seem to cater for a more mainstream Western-European taste, smothering most pastas in lots of sauce. The only one I thought might come close, was the penne and chicken. It was prepared well, I have to say, with fresh ingredients. But just a little too bland for me, it needed an infusion of taste. (How about adding some garlic, or chillies, chef?) But the homemade tiramisu (made by the lady who served us, we found out) was absolutely wonderful, the best I've had! That alone was worth coming for. Add to that the excellent and very friendly service, and the reasonable prices, and my final rating despite the bland mains is still 'very good'!

• Visited January 2014