“Used to be alot better”

O Sole Mio Two
Ranked #228 of 651 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant in Port Solent marina.
Waterlooville
“Used to be alot better”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Family of six celebrating a Birthday and we feel very let down.
Ate here last summer and it was excellent but this visit was not as good at all.
Firstly the restaurant was not busy but the service was very slow all evening. The staff seemed more intent on socialising with each other and I felt like I had to interrupt them if I wanted to ask for anything.

Starters were nice. Mains I had the fillet. Excellent size but overcooked and as a result very dry, a shame. Pizzas were very nice according to the kids. But the main issue was the mussels. My Father who is 75 and a regular eater of them said they tasted a bit "chewy" and only ate a third of them.

He was the up at 0400 with a very upset stomach for the next six hours!! Not good........

I'm afraid as a result we will not be returning.....

• Visited June 2012

Pompey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Lovely lunch, we will return.”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We visited on a lovely sunny lunchtime & sat ouside on the terrace. My husband had a pizza which he loved (light, tasty base & delicious topping) & I had a Pasta dish which was probably the best I have ever had in an Italian restaurant, as I often find them disappointing. Our drinks glasses were sparkling clean (I hate mucky glasses), service was excellent & overall a very good experience. We haven't been there in the evening but as a lunch venue it was great & we will return.

• Visited March 2012
Southampton
“Worst dining experience ever...Only dine here if you are big spenders!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and i ate here Saturday evening, we had never been here before and certainly will never be returning. We ordered 2 garlic breads with cheese for starters and a pizza to share for main with 2 pints of coke. Shortly after ordering the waiter came over and said 'as you are only ordering one main we will bring your starters and pizza out together as it is not convenient for us that you only order one main, we are turning away customers that could have had this table!!!! ' We were totally shocked, we always share pizza's as they are normally quite big and have never had any comments like this before! and are we not paying customers too?!! We were so in shock we did not say anything, but sat there feeling so uncomfortable i really wish we had just walked out there and then. When the food arrived it did actually arrive separately after all that but it was not good quality at all so very disappointing. We asked for the bill and left.

Basically unless you are spending a lot of money there they will get you out as soon as possible to make room for those big spenders!! Very rude service just not acceptable, we will never go there again.

• Visited March 2012
Southampton
“An experience never to be repeated.”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Ordered bread which turned out to be those part baked rolls from Tesco. Main of penne with chicken and peppers was tasty but was swimming in oil. My fiancee's gnoccci in ragu was average and premade. Arrived at a near empty restaurant to be told our table was booked in 1.5 hours time so as a result service was overattentive and we were served by every waitor. Desert menu horrendous. Worst restaurant I've been in for ages and I normally love Italian restaurants. No tip left. Not going back!!

1 Thank khewett
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply not good enough”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

A nice ambience, feels authentic and 'proprietor presence' BUT, sadly the food did not come up to expectations and no effort was made to engage by any of the staff.
A prawn cocktail drowned in marie rose sauce could not hide unripe avocado.
A chicken escalope which had caught in the pan and was a little charred. Cabbage accompaniment was watery. The plate full was huge and much of it went back - but no one asked if it was satisfactory.
Carbonara so huge it was overwhelming, but not described as 'delicious' or tasty.
Service was fine but perfuntory, we were not made to feel they put in any effort - surely essential where restaurant competition is so fierce and all visitors to Port Solent are potential clients prepared to drive there.
1 drink each, 1 starter, 2 mains, 2 coffees. £38 No tip left.
Recommend - no, sorry. As regular diners out we need better and sadly great company cannot compensate for a mediocre restaurant.

• Visited November 2011