“you can not get better”
Review of The Lady Hamilton

The Lady Hamilton
Ranked #139 of 707 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Old Pub with traditional cooking
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Only one real ale, but it was Doom Bar, one of my favourites, the food was good quality, good helpings and reasonably priced. Nice staff and customers and they do B&B as well - heaven.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of the things I most enjoy about visiting England is the Sunday roast and I often lament that it is not available other than for Sunday lunch. I got a delightful surprise when I saw that The Lady Hamilton served a roast dinner every day - roast lamb, roast beef, or roast chicken. My husband and I each had roast lamb with roast potatoes, gravy and three vegetables. The potatoes were perfect, crisp and golden on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The meat was flavourful and the portions were generous but left enough room for a wonderful dessert. The service was great, the pub was full and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. This pub is just a minute's walk from the historic dockyard and well worth stopping in.

2  Thank HappyCanadianHiker
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Just popped in here today for Sunday lunch with a mate, brilliant service from friendly staff, a delicious roast dinner and a pub with worthingtons cream flow on tap. This pub needs no review, just pop your head in and see how many people are eating and you'll see all you need to. Highly recommend this pub.

1  Thank mediteranean_fan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Bin all the visits to the chain pubs get to the lady H proper pub proper booze all visitors to Portsmouth should visit a traditional pub and get massive pub food.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We took our two year old grandson for lunch at the Lady Hamilton yesterday and I wasn't certain what it would be like as I haven't been in there for years but it turned out to be a good choice. As ever, the welcome was warm and our grandson was treated as a valuable customer, and not a nuisance as he sometimes is in restaurants. Our roasts were very good with plenty of lean meat but it was a shame the roasties weren't home made as it would have earned the Lady Hamilton a 5. Overall, though, a tasty meal at a reasonable price, with the best service I have had for a long time, so well done to the Lady Hamilton.