“loads to do”

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“loads to do”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The house and chapel are open to the public. There is a great garden centre with a good cafe. Best of all is most of the estate is open for great walks

Visited November 2012

Guildford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A reasonable outing”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We decided to visit Staunton Park, especially the farm as we took my two year old. It was very reasonably priced and the options to buy food for the animals to get an interactive experience is a great idea. There were a large range of animals on display and play areas for the little ones to burn off that excess energy.

All in all a very worthwhile trip and one which we will make again if we are visiting the area.

2 Thank Leigh C
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A great little place!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just love it all.
Great place for kids, great animals and then a place for kids to let off steam. Activities arranged doing school holidays,
What more could you want!!!

Visited June 2012
reading
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“a country park in the middle of an urban setting a bit odd but enjoyable”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I only chanced by this place by trawling through tesco clubcard days out, but I am glad I did.
I didn't consider the charge expensive £19 for a family of four with free parking and both the gift shop and the cafe also weren't particularly pricey in fact I thought the pocket money presents were the cheapest I have seen in ages.As It was a freezing day I didn't go to the lake and the facilities over the road but what I did see was pretty good. The hothouses albeit quite small were excellent especially the pond and the waterlillies (in flower) and some sort of catfish were hiding in the pool. There was also a Fernery? although the Orangery was having some sort of maintenance done. The maze was fun and not too difficult although I consider that an asset!
The walled garden was interesting although obviously it was winter season and a lot of plants were over it must be beautiful in the summer.There was a reasonably good collection of farm animals especially if you like greedy goats and there were some animal encounters. There were also 2 lots of september born piglets which were very cute. I personally loved the guinea pigs although we fed some by mistake as it wasn't very clear which animals could be fed by visitors,
There was also a playbarn at no extra cost in 2 sections according to age.Finally there was a farm shop with plants and other produce from the park,including some fabulous halloween pumpkins although 1 peacock was depleting the stock by eating some plants for sale.
I would ,however,make 2 observations: signable and info was poor the toilets were almost invisible if a helpful staff member hadn't pointed them out. I would have loved more info on the animals and felt that the special halloween crafts could have been promoted/signposted better , this was an issue throughout the place with lack of labelling in all areas.
I would also make a plea for other visitors to be a bit more considerate, for instance hot taps were left running on full in toilets,rubbish was piled high on tables in the cafe left by self absorbed parents intent on ramming though their oversized push chairs , even though it was easy to stack rubbish nearby, causing problems for hardworking staff and slowing service.There was also an issue with tiny kids in the old kids area in the playbarn getting hurt and screaming their heads off. Also some older kids were quite disruptive perhaps the management could improve it . Maybe its just half term I will definitley be going back in the summer if I am nearby

Sweden
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Nice walk, but missed out on tearoom!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We weren't interested in the animals, so opted for a nice walk in the country park across the road. The park itself was enjoyable, but there were little to no signs showing where to go - it was just guesswork and sheer luck that we didn't get lost.

Like previous reviewers have said, the place needs more/improved signs, and an injection of cash! It was easy to find the parking lot (£2 for the day), but after that it wasn't so straight-forward.

Both 'real' shops looked nice (the ones by the farm), but the country park had a kiosk-type shop that had seen better days.

We had been looking forward to a visit to the tea rooms, but found out upon arrival that the tearoom was beyond the farm area and thus required paid entrance! A big flaw, in my opinion.

We ended up driving to Stansted Park and visiting their lovely tearoom instead. Another time, I would probably choose Stansted Park over Staunton for the whole day.

1 Thank josieist