“Simply the best !”
Review of Rimjhim

Rimjhim
Reserve with OpenTable
Rimjhim is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #394 of 645 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Simply the best !”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Although myself and family have been many times the quality of the food still is just the best ever...and the staff are first class , the attention to detail is flawless, nothing is ever too much trouble...and we or rather I do take some pleasing ! We will continue to return and really look forward to the next visit! And this is a genuine review...you cannot be disappointed, the whole experience is as good as it gets ! Thank you !

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“In two minds about this place”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having been disappointed with Spice Village in Drayton I thought I'd try this place as an alternative. I'm Indian, cook Indian food at home and occasionally fancy a curry out. On the plus points the food was tasty, wasn't slick with grease and no sticking half a raw tomato in to bulk up curries. The negatives were that we were stuck on an awkward table by the door as we turned up without a reservation and told they were busy. The restaurant remained half full for the duration of the time we were there and was still only half full when we left.

Will I be revisiting - probably not soon whilst the food was good it wasn't great and the prices I felt were a little steep for the standard (what's wrong with a few fresh herbs) and certainly not whilst I felt a little cheated by being given a rubbish table.

Havant
“A great experience!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Dined here with my wife and friends on their recommendation as residents of Port Solent. The atmosphere was very lively, perhaps a bit noisy, but we liked the contemporary style. The menu is impressively extensive but I can highly recommend the Clay Oven Grilled Chicken With Black Lentils. Absolutely delicious and a dish I cannot remember seeing on other Indian menus. Other table selections included the Hydrabadi-Style Fresh Herbs Chicken Curry and the Rimjhim Naaga Murgh. My wife said the Naaga was superb and our friends were selecting dishes they had enjoyed before. The mountain of poppadums and pickles we requested on arrival means you really do not need a starter and the meal was complimented by white wine and Bangla beer which made a change from Kingfisher or Cobra. Our friends discount card was very useful and with gratuity we paid £20/head which was brilliant value for money. I would like to congratulate Abdul and his team on a great restaurant and great service. We shall return!!

Pompey
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with a groupon voucher tonight. Very good value for money, good portion size on the starters and mains. Me other half lives their chicken pathia, I had the madras which I'd recommend although I like a bit more spice normally. Good service, would come back again naturally!

1 Thank BuckyBoyVic
Southampton, England
“Excellent service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very friendly staff, lovely setting and you can sit outside next to the boats. Unusual menu, I particularly like the Old Delhi chicken curry. Recommended

Visited January 2013