“In two minds about this place”
Review of Rimjhim

Rimjhim
Ranked #404 of 655 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“In two minds about this place”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having been disappointed with Spice Village in Drayton I thought I'd try this place as an alternative. I'm Indian, cook Indian food at home and occasionally fancy a curry out. On the plus points the food was tasty, wasn't slick with grease and no sticking half a raw tomato in to bulk up curries. The negatives were that we were stuck on an awkward table by the door as we turned up without a reservation and told they were busy. The restaurant remained half full for the duration of the time we were there and was still only half full when we left.

Will I be revisiting - probably not soon whilst the food was good it wasn't great and the prices I felt were a little steep for the standard (what's wrong with a few fresh herbs) and certainly not whilst I felt a little cheated by being given a rubbish table.

• Visited February 2013

Havant
“A great experience!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Dined here with my wife and friends on their recommendation as residents of Port Solent. The atmosphere was very lively, perhaps a bit noisy, but we liked the contemporary style. The menu is impressively extensive but I can highly recommend the Clay Oven Grilled Chicken With Black Lentils. Absolutely delicious and a dish I cannot remember seeing on other Indian menus. Other table selections included the Hydrabadi-Style Fresh Herbs Chicken Curry and the Rimjhim Naaga Murgh. My wife said the Naaga was superb and our friends were selecting dishes they had enjoyed before. The mountain of poppadums and pickles we requested on arrival means you really do not need a starter and the meal was complimented by white wine and Bangla beer which made a change from Kingfisher or Cobra. Our friends discount card was very useful and with gratuity we paid £20/head which was brilliant value for money. I would like to congratulate Abdul and his team on a great restaurant and great service. We shall return!!

• Visited February 2013
Pompey
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with a groupon voucher tonight. Very good value for money, good portion size on the starters and mains. Me other half lives their chicken pathia, I had the madras which I'd recommend although I like a bit more spice normally. Good service, would come back again naturally!

1 Thank BuckyBoyVic
Southampton, England
“Excellent service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very friendly staff, lovely setting and you can sit outside next to the boats. Unusual menu, I particularly like the Old Delhi chicken curry. Recommended

Visited January 2013
“Quality cuisine”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal in Rimjhim! Really courteous and polite waiters and service was brilliant. Fantastic food, such quality ingredients and preparation. Delicious! We love Indian food and it was the nicest Chicken Tikka Masala I've ever had! Coconut rice melted in your mouth. Plus, it was lovely and warm by the window on a freezing day. You won't be disappointed, this restaurant is first class! Thank you!