“Different diners, same con”
Review of Rimjhim

Rimjhim
Ranked #410 of 681 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new management ABOUT US Our chef has over 18 years of culinary experience; serving the west with the true taste of India. Experience a different class of dining for yourself - our team await to deliver you a service that cannot be matched. No size of party is too big or too small; whether you want a quiet meal with your loved ones or a large family get together, we can cater to your every need. Located in the heart of Port Solent, the marina is a perfect backdrop to any evening.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had exactly the same experience with our Groupon as 'a big con', below. Feel really ripped off. It would have been cheaper to walk in without the coupon. The waiter even stood on my foot when serving. His attitude was, 'I don't want to be here tonight' and then they added the cost of the (prepaid) Groupon to the bill! They took my husband's beer glass away when there was still some left in it, he got it back, but the waiter put it down reluctantly, saying, 'of course you want another one?' All sorted out quickly, but...
Even though some of the specials are the same price as the regular main courses, when we decided to choose among the specials, a surcharge of £5 per person was slapped on the bill.
I wouldn't go back. I am glad that the regulars enjoy it so much, but there must be two levels of service and rapport and we got b).

Managment-AR, Manager at Rimjhim, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

I am very sorry to hear that you had bad service here at Rimjhim, I would like to say that one of our long standing staff member died on Christmas Day, this may have been the reason he looked like he did not want to be there, having said that this is not acceptable and i am very sorry.

If you do read this response please contact me, i would very much like to show you what Rimjhim is really about. please ask for Abdul

Also I feel sorry that you think that the offer you got off Groupon is a "CON"

This is clearly not the case

I would like to defend my Restaurant.

My Set Menu has a very limited lest of dishes that you can have ( 5 starters and 5 main dishes) with plain rice, also did not include seafood dishes

The Set Menu has set times then you can have the offer 7.30pm Sunday to Thursday and 6.30pm Friday and Saturday).

The Groupon offer includes ALL my Single starters (not platters) including seafood dishes including things like Monk Fish, Salmon, King Prawns ect

When is comes to the mains dishes it included all Main Course Dishes (not including Rimjhims Special ) also all seafood dishes. so that's mean you have a choice of about 35 dishes with a choice chicken, lamb, prawn and king prawn.

You then have a Choice on any Rice to go with it.

and there was no time restriction with this offer Sunday to Thursday and up to 7pm Friday and Saturday

I am not sure if you are aware even after the price you paid, which thas about 60% off normal price, Groupon take a percentage as well of the price you pay, so i make very little or even some times a loss on the offer.

The Reason i do the offer is so you can come and enjoy the food and my return in the future.

In summery what i would like to say, is why would i want some one feel like they have been conned, when i actually dont make money on the offer or very little.

We at Rimjhim don't work that way.

thanks

abdul

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Love every thing about this place happy place great food ... high class service ... if u go reguler you get free after drinks .... please its realy nice place thankyou every time you go ... love the place

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We bought a Groupon voucher for £18 which was supposed to have a value of £45 - the cost of a starter, a main and a rice dish for two people. When we arrived there was a massive sign outside the restaurant offering exectly the same at £7.95 per person! The meal was satisfactory only and the service poor. We then had an argument over the bill as they just took off the £18 we'd paid to Groupon! We'll never go back and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

1  Thank eve812

Thank you for your comments.

I feel sorry that you think that the offer you got off Groupon is a "CON"

This is clearly not the case

I would like to defend my Restaurant.

You then have a Choice on any Rice to go with it.

We at Rimjhim don't work that way.

Abdul

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ate here recently with a Groupon offer. Happy to pay for extras, ie poppodums and chutney tray with a bottle of wine - problem with poppodums they were very stale, nothing could disguise this fact. Chutney tray very poor, my favourite green ? was very watery. Wine OK but fairly expensive. Hey ho onto the starters, monkfish in an undercookeed and gloopy batter! Main course of lamb was very sparse in meat and sickly sweet. But did enjoy my chicken curry. Not a wow factor but an enjoyable meal. However would not go back even on a groupon offer, so sorry because I would love for any restaurant in Port Solent to thrive.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner in Rimjhim. Food was very tasty, poppadoms and chutney tray absolutely amazing! Ask staff to recommend some food if you're not sure about what to choose, they seem pretty knowledgeable about their menu. Good atmosphere, friendly staff who provide attentive service. Would definitely come back.