“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant 69

Restaurant 69
Ranked #73 of 642 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

we went here as our usual Sunday Lunch venue had warned us they had a large party in. we booked an early table, lucky we did the Sunday lunch here is proving to be very popular, Rib of beef perfect, roast potatoes excellent. my wife commented the veg had butter on them which did not detract from the pleasure of them for me, but did for my wife she is fussy about that. but none the less an excellent Sunday lunch enjoyed by us both. the choice of wines available ( and I like my wine) are excellent.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Yonmons

London, United Kingdom
“Very poor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The restaurant is reached through a bar and the decor is rough and ready. The wine was plonked on the table with no offer to pour. I ordered the crab and sweetcorn chowder. I could find no crab and the they must have run out of frozen sweetcorn as there was none of that either. They did however add a large portion of frozen mixed vegetable. The whole thing was quite horrible. I ordered a main course of corn fed chicken. A better description would have been twice cooked chicken - once for when it was cooked and the second time it was microwaved so it was completely dried out. The sauce was heavily salted and the whole dish pretty inedible. the service was very poor (50 minute wait for main course). As we left we went past the two bouncers on the door which pretty well summed it all up.

• Visited November 2013
Denmead, United Kingdom
“Moules-frites for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I met a mate for lunch at Restaurant 69 and we both ordered the Moules-frite at a very reasonable price. I was certainly not disappointed. The mussels were excellent with super crisp fries and home baked fresh bread to mop up with. A very generous portion and absolutely delicious. Highly recommended. The restaurant lacks a little atmosphere at lunchtime but the person that served us was very polite, efficient and pleasant.

• Visited October 2013
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hostess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Food good, atmosphere very good but the evening was made by the hospitality of the owner. She spent several minutes at every table, mingling with all her guests, including ours. You don't often see this type of attention to detail these days. She was keen to know what we thought of her restaurant/bar, and if we could suggest any improvements. We couldn't! Thank you for an enjoyable evening!

• Visited September 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fab meal and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I wanted something special to celebrate my 50th birthday with 15 friends. I was given the downstairs part of the restaurant to ourselves, the service was excellent, nice gaps between the courses and we had the room for the whole evening! The choice of food was fabulous and a very wide choice with competitive prices. Everyone of my friends contacted me the next day to thank me for a great night! Thank you Restaurant 69! :)

• Visited October 2013