Good value for the money but there were a number of things that could be improved on.such as a bit of mould around the bath, a pervading smell of damp in the bathroom and the hallway and the bathroom fittings appeared a little worn.
Having said that, the room was clean, staff very friendly and helpful, towels and linen were clean and crisp and good car parking.
Situated just outside Portsmouth centre it is an ideal base for exploring both the city and the surrounding areas. I am told that the closer you stay to the centre the more expensive the hotel so this is a good compromise.
Next to the hotel is the 'Hungry Horse' resteraunt. Whilst offering good value for money fare, families are encouraged so I suggest that you have to like chldren to be comfortable here. Absolutely nothing wrong with that but as a mature couple we prefer quieter locations. There is a Harvester within 5 minutes walk and an excellent variety of eating places in Portsmouth centre - Gunwharf Quays is a good area.
Would we go back there? Yes, if we were looking for a base for local travel it is ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the eastern edge of Portsmouth the Inn Lodge features two restaurants, a childrens play centre and a lively sports bar. With fully licenced function rooms you can have a full day wedding from ceremony to evening reception. Portsmouth Continental Ferry Terminal is just 2 miles away. The Pony Club childrens centre features an indoor soft play area and an outdoor playground. The hotel also has free on-site parking and a large garden with outdoor seating. The spacious rooms at Inn Lodge Portsmouth each have a work desk and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. All rooms have free view TV and tea/coffee facilities. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi in the relaxing lounge. The Hungry Horse restaurant serves a wide variety of meals including the big plate specials and the Sports Bar offers real ales and Sky Sports. Inn Lodge Hotel Portsmouth is just a 15-minute drive away from Portsmouth's historic waterfront, featuring the Naval Dockyard and the popular shopping destination Gunwharf Quays. The M27 motorway is a 5-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Farmhouse & Innlodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Innlodge Portsmouth
- Farmhouse Innlodge Hotel Portsmouth