Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$103
$83
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$66
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,331 results
All reviewsswimming pooltwo double bedsmini barleisure clubopen planleisure facilitiessteam roomport solentgood sizepizza hutrestaurant staffminute driveweekend breaksuperior roomfollowing morningbreakfast was excellentfamily room
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have continued to stay at this property due to the convenience despite a few bad stays and I was compelled to write another review to report that the say that the service has been improving in quality. The restaurant staff continue to be slow and not so responsive considering the high price but since they are not working for gratuity, it makes sense.

Room Tip: I stayed in many rooms but they all have pros and cons. The interior rooms can be noisy from the noise from the restaurant and the exterior room facing the highway exit can be really noise throughout the night. The lower floor facing the parking space can be really noise in the morning when large delivery trucks pulls up and keep the engine running.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and giving us a second chance. We are continously improving our service based on feedback from customers and we do share feedback with them from TripAdvisor and our own Guest response forms. Please ask for your next stay for a room on the higher floors (5+) on the Solent side, this rooms are quieter then the others. We are working with our owners on new windows to reduce the noise levels from outside but also to improve insulation.
Please contact me when you come next so we can give you a nice and quiet room.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wife and I have a thing for Marriott as we spent our wedding night there and they upgraded us to the pent suite for free at the Canary Wharf hotel. Since then whenever we go away, we always go to Marriott hotels. And I have to say that I had a fantastic time staying at the Portsmouth hotel last summer. The atmosphere in the restaurant and bar is fantastic and the cocktails we had were lovely. Staff are very friendly and I have to admit its now our favourite Marriott. View from the top floor overlooking the road is excellent. Will be going back there for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ceekay_13

Dear Guest,

thank you for the great comments and please come back again soon !! :-)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in the Summer 2012 before we took a ferry to France. We were allocated a room on the 2nd floor (I think it was room 210?) which was at the end of the corridor. I had the worst night sleep ever in a hotel! It was the noisest hotel room I have ever stayed in. I did ask for a higher floor room when we were told we were allocated a room on floor 2. The check-in receptionist said the hotel was fully booked with one glance at the computer without touching any buttons!

Anyway, the reasons for the noise were:
1) our room overlooks the back garden and there was an event in the function room one night and people were walking in and out of the connecting back garden, drinking and chatting loudly in the back garden.

2) The end of the corridor overlooks a whole lot of machinery which I presume was the air-conditioning units etc. I could hear the machines humming noise all night.

3) I could hear the traffic at the nearby motorway.

So if you are a light sleeper, get a room on the higher floors.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Snowy838
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and your feedback and we apologise for any inconvenience. I understand it is from the summer of 2012 and unfortunately I can't do any investigations anymore.
Our summers are very busy and it can be that when the hotel is fully booked we cannot move guests to other rooms.
For your next visit I can recommend that you reserve one of our gallery rooms overlooking the hotel lobby. These rooms have double doors and glazing and are very quiet.
We have asked our owners for to replace all our windows for better insulation for temperature control and noise reduction and we are waiting for their approval. Hopefully this will happen soon. Please let me know when you are coming next and will ensure we will reserve you a quiet room.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my second stay, visiting family. As before the hotel was very comfortable indeed. The staff went out of their way to help us. Excellent fitness facilities and good food at reasonable prices in the restaurant. Very good wifi. Couldn't ask for more. A wonderful selection of pillows! Hotel is convenient to public buses to town and there is a huge supermarket nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MNE43
PompeyGM, General Manager at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel again and for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Since April 2013, we now offer 24 hours high speed internet for free in our lobby and restaurant and have increased our bandwith to 50MB and we can offer you a download speed up to 35MB in our lobby !!

come and try it out again.

BJ Schreuder, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Port Solent over the Easter period, myself, my husband, 8 year old son and his friend. Checking in was really quick, staff very friendly and professional, we asked for a change of room as the one they allocated us was over looking the pool which we really did not want, this was sorted straight away with no fuss. Room was clean and tidy, 2 double beds which were so comfortable, complimentary teas and coffees and hot chocolate, mini fridge, complimentary toiletries. Great location for access to Portsmouth and the marina at Port Solent. The kids spent quite a bit of time in the pool which was great. The hotel had an Easter egg hunt with free sweets and eggs for the kids which they loved. Breakfast was buffet style, cooked, continental, fruits, cold meats, pretty much everything with staff providing pots of tea or coffee. We managed to leave some of the kids clothing in the cupboard which the hotel returned by post free of charge. The staff really do make all the difference at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are a number of rooms that are within an enclosed area overlooking the pool and restaurant, these do not really benefit from any natural light, I personally would hate to be in one of these rooms, worth bearing in mind when booking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Drear Guest,

thank you for your great feedback and it is nice to hear that you appreciated the extra efforts we made during Easter and we try to make it nice for the whole family. We have worked hard as a team on our service, since we believe that that will make the difference for guests and will choose hotels with the best Trip Advisor rankings, besides a nice product.
We hope to see you again soon.

BJ Schreuder, General Manager