“Portsmouth stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Portsmouth Centre

Ibis Portsmouth Centre
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Portsmouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me away for my birthday and booked this hotel. After staying in the ibis budget hotel in Southampton I was a but optimistic about this stay and me being me wasn't looking forward to it, but from the minute we arrived I was blown away at how different it was. We were greet both on check in and check out by very polite people and was even offered help with bags (not that we needed it) hotel is in walking distances of gunwharf, southsea pier and Portsmouth town centre (we went to all of these) and close to nearby train stations. The bed was super comfortable and although the bathroom was quite small it was nice to see we had a seperate room for it. All in all a wonderful stay and we will be looking into booking again soon. Please praise your staff for the excellent job they did ((regrettably dont know names)

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you so much for such a nice comments. You can be sure that I will show this review to the entire staff, so they can see themselves how important is their daily job, in order to get all clients as satisfied as you were.

I am really happy to read your review, and I will be looking forward to seeing you again soon in Ibis Portsmouth. Maybe next time I will be able to meet you personally.

Kind regards,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is convenient but bog standard when it comes to comfort. The room was small and the shower room tiny. Noisy and hot at night. I had endless trouble with the card style door key, which refused to work and had to b re-set at least four times during our overnight stay.
And I thought it a dreadful cheek that they said they would charge a friend £2 for left luggage until she needed to catch her train.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DiEccles
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for taking a minute of your time and write your review about your stay with us.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here overnight before a 9am ferry and its convenience and location far outweigh the negatives and was a welcome alternative to an early morning start.
First and foremost, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. It is also a 20 minute walk from the spinnaker tower waterside area where there's a nice selection of restaurants to choose from.

However there a few things that could be better and would've improved our stay. The car park is quite small and there are seemingly not enough spaces for all the guests so people had to squeeze in where ever they could. Also our room was quite warm so we slept with the window open so were disturbed by the music from the nearby night club. In the end we decided that being warm was better than trying to get to sleep with all that noise.

All in all, not too bad for a budget hotel. The facilities are good but the decor is looking a little tired. It was a bit more expensive than I'd expect to pay at a budget hotel but I happily paid for a quick and stress free journey to the port early the next morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate constructive comments and, despite the inconveniences that you mention, I am glad to see that you enjoyed most of your star.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here when I visited my home city again. It's ok if your just looking for somewhere to crash but offers nothing to shout about. Bathrooms far to small, good job I didn't bring my cat, wouldn't be able to swing it.

Apart from that bed was comfy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TheStevieGee
ibisportsmouth, Manager at Ibis Portsmouth Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking a minute of your time and write your review about your stay with us.

Regarding your comment of space, unfortunately our rooms are smaller than Ibis UK standard's. At least, I am glad to see that you enjoyed most of your stay in our hotel.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.