“Excellent choice of restaurants”
Review of Gunwharf Quays

Ranked #7 of 119 things to do in Portsmouth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent choice of restaurants”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rented a fully equipped apartment but ate out each night as the choice of eateries (even for vegetarians) was endless.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Slough, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good for the occasional visit”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This outlet centre is small and compact so can be combined with other activities on a day out. A good variety of shops caters for different tastes and there are plenty of food outlets too. Parking is expensive but you can save by parking next to the Historic Dockyard and walking to the Gunwharf Quays (5 mins walk). As I live a good distance away, I will not be revisiting on a regular basis, but may return when combining it with other activities.

1 Thank Catherine C
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good choice of shops and restaurants”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Gunwharf Quays has a fantastic assortment of shops, restaurants and cafes. It is in a great location and parking is convenient. I have been here a number of times and always come away with a good bargain. The bathrooms are also cleaned to a high standard

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 222TheHappyCamper
Glasbury-on-Wye, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“An impressive development”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is and impressive development for its mix of retail outlets, places to dine or just have a coffee and watch the world go by (plenty happening all the time on the water), and the residential component. We thoroughly enjoyed wandering around Gunwharf Quays enjoying its facilities - and I got an absolute bargain pair of shoes!!

East Sussex, UK
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 458 helpful votes
“In one word - Super!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having visited the 'Gunwharf Quays' in Portsmouth a couple of years ago my wife and myself decided that we'd like to visit again as we enjoyed ourselves so much before as we found it to be such a good shopping centre and that its quayside location adjacent to Portsmouth's 'Gunwharf Marina' and the 'Spinnaker Tower' made it all rather special in our opinion.

It has a multitude of shops of any kind which you might care to mention so that one is really spoilt for choice,although quite how many shops are here I really don't know because I've never counted! - but there are plenty I can assure you,and the complex even has its own cinema and a ten pin bowling alley as well.

Getting to 'Gunwharf Quays' will not present you with any problems as car parking facilities are available on site, and should you come by public transport the bus and railway stations are adjacent from where frequent bus and train services operate together with the ferries to Gosport and the Isle of Wight.

My wife loved all the shops and she spent hours(and much money too I'm afraid!) checking out all its quality stores and shops,and I too enjoyed the ambience of this venue and I found it most pleasant walking alongside the quayside watching all the ferries coming and going whilst my wife was enjoying her shopping spree.
There's plenty of eating places and coffee shops to be found at 'Gunwharf Quays' and importantly clean toilet facilities
are provided within the complex.

I picked up a really useful brochure which helps you find your way around from a leaflet rack in the foyer of the toilets(of all places! - although no doubt they can be sourced elsewhere) entitled 'The Guide to Gunwharf Quays' which contains a very useful map of the complex together with a listing of all its shops together with their locations,and we are hanging on to this for the next time that we visit in order that my wife will know beforehand where all her favourite shops and stores are located.

Highly recommended - you could spend hours here if you wished, and much of it is under cover should it decide to rain when you visit.