“One dish trial”
Review of Yo Sushi - Portsmouth - CLOSED

Yo Sushi - Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: a new restaurant opened at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, part of the chain.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“One dish trial”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My son and I had split from the Women folk to do our own thing.
One thing we wanted to try was a Sushi bar and our overall experience here was very good though we only had time to try one dish b4 we left as we were in a rush to look around the other eateries available in Portsmouth.
We explained that we had never tried Sushi (except pre pack shop bought stuff) nor been in a sushi bar. The process was explained and we said we would like to try "a dish" so we may see how the whole thing worked. I myself felt a little pressurized and it seemed a little bit of a hard sell, a pity as it sold itself as an "experience" and did not need any further promotion once I was there.
The prices appeared to be a little on the expensive side though We enjoyed the dish we did have and may return for the experience (as a family outing) as much as the food, When / if we do return I will write again.

• Visited April 2014

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A fast and tasty luch on Blue Monday”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Been here quite a few times as I live near Gunwharf. They do a special offer on a Monday called 'blue monday' where all the dishes are £2.50. so 3 of us for £40 is very good value. Staff were a bit slow today but pleasent enough. dishes were hot, tasty and good portions. Kids will like it of course because its a real novelty with the belts running around with the plates on etc.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HampshireNat
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good Port in a Storm!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Diving in here for a quick, light lunch was a good decision on a hail-soaked day in Gunwharf. The food was hot, tasty, fresh and not too expensive. The chef, busy over the carousel of slowly moving foods, was keenly involved in the preparation and pleased that we appreciated it. Service was quite attentive - we were served quickly and with a smile. Avocado tempura was a new taste. A good experience!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Debbie C
Brighton, United Kingdom
“I loved it!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

First time in my life in a place like this. I loved it. Food is nice and most of them are interesting, staff are really friendly and helpfull. I had no experience in restaurants like this, cant compare to other ones but this one was lovely!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank v_racz
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and yummy food.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My first time at a Yo Sushi and I was really impressed with the service. The waiter explained the coloured plate system/prices, drinks and even the menu. I would have been confused had this not happened. Food was great and I will certainly be back for more. What a lovely bunch of people. Thank you.

Visited October 2013